Hello Stamping Friends,
If you are viewing this post in your mobile device, click to open the email and then click again on the header to go to the website so the videos and links work.
Joy is our hostess this month and the hostess code is: 9YGY2BAX
We made a spur of the moment trip to Estes Park last weekend and it was so worth it, even though I am now far behind on my to do list.
The fall colors were exceptional and there had been a river site cancellation at Manor RV park just minutes before we called! Saturday was picture perfect!
That would have been fun, Sal, but the neighboring RV had plenty of decorations to enjoy. (By the way, Sal is referring to Jasper, our motorhome, it’s a Jamboree, so of course, being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, we needed to have alliteration in the name just like all our Stampin’ Up! colors). Here’s Paul and Jasper on the river site.
So let’s get down to business!
Yes, we must! Select Designer Series Papers are on sale- click on the image to view:
And we have a sneak peak of the November Paper Pumpkin- I see a gingerbread house stamp, I hope, and what looks like a house we can decorate and candies…. oh my!
Click on the Jolly Gingerbread image to join or visit page 71 of the Holiday catalog to get a prepaid subscription with the benefit of adding other supplies from your wish list! Use hostess code: 9YGY2BAX and our current hostess, Joy, will be on her way to earning free products.
Last year the Paper Pumpkin had tags and I made cards out of all the tags, click to view that post, and I have heard the sales of gift cards are expected to go up this year! I am certainly running out of ideas and may send a few myself.
FYI: There is a “Joy to the World” Facebook page for those of you who purchased October’s kit.
Event notice: If my kit arrives I will have a ‘Take A Break Tuesday’ Facebook Live next Tuesday, October 20, 9:30AM to look at the October Joy To The World kit and create cards.
Oh no, Sal, not yet! But we do want to get a head start on Christmas Cards, so today’s post includes two cards representing Sights and Sounds of the Season. We love looking at poinsettias and hearing the silver bells!
Click here to view the Facebook Live:
Cherish The Season
This layout started with the picture in The Mini Catalog, page 33.
- ‘Cherish The Season’ stamp set
- ‘Sounds of the Season’ dies
- ‘Garden Gateway’ Dies for arch
- ‘Peony’ Dies Border
- ‘Toile Christmas’ stamp set for the greeting
- ‘Christmas Cardinal Dies’ to cut the banner
- Real Red Sheer Ribbon 10″
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels, 3 small, one large
- Inks: Garden Green, Versa Mark, Cherry Cobbler
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Base: Real Red, 4 1/4 X 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Front Sides: Designer Series Paper: Tis The Season, 1 X 5 1/2 (make 2)
- Middle Layer Background: Red Foil, 2 1/2 X 5 1/2
- Swag Base: Whisper White, 2 1/8 X 5 1/2; Die cut the top with the arch from Garden Gateway Dies, and die cut the bottom with the Peony edge die
- Pine Boughs: Garden Green, 1 1/2 X 6; Make 4 little and 4 large boughs
- Bells: Silver Foil, 2 1/4 X 4 1/2 Make one set of four bells and and an extra little bell for the inside; cut the 4 strips (all on one die) for the front four. Use Scotch Tape on the back of the two bells you will color before die cutting and then another piece after cutting. Color the holly leaves with Dk Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blends and the berries with Lt Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends – color twice for depth of color.
- Front Greeting: Whisper White, 4 1/4 X 1 1/4; stamp Christmas Wishes from Toile Christmas, first in Versa Mark and then in Cherry Cobbler. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder, then heat and cut it out with the Cardinal Die Set. Tip: with clear embossing powder, you have the ability to emboss in any ink color you have.
- Inside Layer: Whisper White, 3 3/4 X 5
- Strip on Inside: Tis the Season DSP, 1/2 X 5
- Stamp set for inside: For Unto Us stamped in Garden Green
In the video, I use Shaded Spruce for the back of the swag instead of the red foil, and I had another card made with Garden Green. Which color do you like the best?
Layout cased from Vincenza Montereale on Demonstrator Planning Place.
- ‘Poinsettia’ Dies
- ‘Poinsettia Petals’ stamp set
- ‘Ornate Layers’ Dies
- ‘Stitched Rectangles’ Dies
- Beaded Pearls
- Shimmer Paint
- Stampin’ Spritzer
- Ink: Balmy Blue, Versa Mark and White Embossing Powder
- Base: Thick Whisper White, 8 1/2 X 11, scored at 4 1/4
- Large Ornate Layer: Balmy Blue, 4 1/4 X 5 1/2
- Flocked Vellum Specialty Paper Layer: 5 X 3 5/8, cut with the 2nd largest rectangle die
- Small Ornate Layer: Balmy Blue, 5 X 3 1/2 , cut both the ornate layer and the center cut out at the same time using the 3rd smallest rectangle die
- Blue Sprigs: Balmy Blue rectangle cut out from the previous step
- Poinsettia and white sprigs: Whisper White, 5 1/2 X 6 1/4; make two each of the medium poinsettia and two each of the medium large poinsettia and cut three sprigs in white
- Small poinsettia and the Leaf: Balmy Glue Glimmer Paper, 2 1/4 X 2 1/4, Die cut one small leaf and two small flowers.
- Inside Layer: Balmy Blue, 4 X 5 1/4
- Strip: Balmy Glue Glimmer Paper, 3/4 X 4
Thank you for spending some time with me here on the blog and thank you to those who created their club cards with a Facebook Live instead of meeting here at home. The positive side is that there is no waiting as we share the tools, so we accomplished in two hours what normally takes four hours at the house.
Would you like to be part of club? You can pay $5 for the club cards and be our guest! We swap with each other, those who can, and we meet by Zoom on the last Tuesday of the month to share our swap cards, visit with each other and do a Mystery Card challenge.
I would be honored to be your demonstrator and support you however I can as I bring “a pinch of creativity to spice up your crafting world!”
So true and let us all be SALs in this crazy world bringing Salt And Light to everyone we meet!
Click on Sal in the computer to go to the online shop and be sure and use the hostess code 9YGY2BAX if your order is under $150 (at $150 you earn the hostess dollars yourself).