Happy Mother’s Day Stamping Friends,
Since we are still on the “Safer At Home” regulations, Mother’s Day is not the norm with visiting our mothers and delivering flowers so I made a special card with lots of flowers- vellum flowers on the outside, a potted plant underneath the double-point on the outside and a bouquet of flowers on the inside.
I was hesitant with the vellum flowers and vellum leaves since they don’t show much detail but they are so soft and pretty that I was pleased.
They do go well together, Sal, and with Petal Pink cardstock for the base it is a very feminine card, perfect for Mother’s Day!
I saw this card fold at http://thepamperedstamper.com.
I changed the flowers and the greeting and the paper and added ribbon but started with her double point card with vellum flowers.
How about CASE -as in copy and selectively edit?!
I have found designing cards is a process of looking at lots and lots of ideas and then incorporating what I like – or changing things up based on what supplies I have in stock. The design changes constantly as I work and sometimes my trash can is full of the trial and errors of a design.
This is really quite a simple card to make. The points are two pieces of Designer Series Paper, Perennial Essence, that measure 3″ X 4″, scored at 1″ along the long side and then the corners are folded down to just above the score line. The 1″ section is adhered under the main layer-Whisper White in my case.
I put a little pencil mark in the middle of the long edge- 2″, and scored to the 1″ score line to make folding a little easier. I also cut a little off of each edge so nothing would hang out if my cuts weren’t quite perfect.
Guilty as charged! Check out these two sets of flowers for the inside. Do you notice the difference?
Yes, but notice the Petal Pink shading around the image in the first one. I saw that technique on a video tutorial by Tina Wardell and I think it really makes a difference. Tina showed how she colors around her images with a light colored Stampin’ Blend and then she takes the Stampin’ Blend color lifter and softens the edge of the coloring.
That is a retired set called ‘Just Because’. It is also what I used for the ‘Thinking of You’ greeting on the front. I set up the Stamparatus and masked off the flower pot above the words to get just the words that I wanted.
This set will go in the Bake Sale sets since I have used it for this Mother’s Day. Be sure and visit the Bake Sale tab once in a while. I will be adding more items after I compare what I have with what I see in the new catalog that I “must” have. Space is becoming an issue here at the house. I like this quote from ‘A Girl And A Glue Gun’:
- Base: Petal Pink 4 1/4 X 11 Scored at 5 1/2
- Points: Designer Series Paper, Perennial Essence, 3 X 4 scored at 1″ along the long side. Make a small pencil mark at the 2″ middle of the wide section and score from the middle mark to the 1″ score line. Clip a little off the edges – see picture above. Adhere the 1″ under the Whisper White layer.
- Whisper White Layer: 4 X 5 1/4, make 2
- Stitched Nested Labels: Petal Pink 2 3/4 X 4 3/4, Die cut with the 2 1/8 X 4 (measured at the inside of the stitching on the die)
- Top Stitched Nested Labels: Whisper White 2 3/4 X 4 1/2, Die cut with the 1 3/4 X 3 1/2 (measured at the inside of the stitching)
- Flowers & Leaves: Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock in green, yellow and pink- retiring in June . I used Flower Shop (retired) and its matching punch for the Petal Pink large flower and then punched three little yellow vellum flowers with a small flower punch just like the one we had for Sale A Bration. The green vellum leaves were punched from various retired punches. Current products would be the Perennial Flower Punch layering two punched pieces to make a six petal flower. The Leaf Punch and the Sprig Punch would work beautifully with the green vellum to make the greenery.
- Stamp Set for the inside bouquet is ‘Accented Blooms’ – retiring in June
- Stamp Set ‘Just Because’ with the greeting Thinking of You and the potted plant with Happy Mother’s Day
- Ink: Memento -Tuxedo Black, Petal Pink stamped on the large flower, Crushed Curry on the small flowers, Pear Pizzaz on the leaves
- Stampin’ Blends – Various with Light Petal Pink used to outline the bouquet image
- Embellishments – Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon 11″ ; one Perennial Essence Floral Center; three sequins
Did I miss anything, Sal?
Of course! For the birthday card I used the ‘Beautiful Moments’ stamp set for the greeting on the inside:
The little vine under the greeting above is in the Accented Blooms stamp set and in the next image is a cute little curly stamp with a heart in the middle from Accented Blooms which I stamped under the potted plant and glued a heart shaped sequin over the stamped heart:
“What you focus on determines what you miss! ” I often focus so much on the greetings and large images that I miss these cute little stamps.
This stamp set is retiring so get it before it is gone (or selling on Ebay for three times the price)! We used the coordinating Tailored Tag punch at Christmas for the quilted plaid card so the two make a nice set to add to your collection.
Let’s take a walk down memory lane.
I love setting out the past cards we have made in clubs and I have several I set out for Mother’s Day. Some of you were with me when we made these and it makes me smile to remember the fun we had!
A pop up box card:
A Magic Shutter Card:
A Rose Box:
Birthday Blooms Pull Up Card:
Layering Framelits (this is Whisper White in real life):
Using the cut out from the front:
This card is a monochromatic Very Vanilla:
The Tulip Embossing Folder was one of our very favorites for stunning cards:
A spinner card:
An Easel Card:
Remember the Top Note Die and lining up Designer Series Paper on the grid sheet and then cutting with the Top Note?
I posted all these mostly for my benefit to “scrapbook” our creations but it also shows the types of cards that we make during club and just might entice you to join when we start up clubs again in June. Contact me if you are interested.
Thank you for spending time with me today! Paul is on a special schedule due to the virus so he had to work and I played on the computer.
Happy Mother’s Day whether remembering and honoring your mothers or celebrating your own motherhood, I hope your day was blessed.
SAL, Sharing A Love
Current Hostess code is TQ3JBKP3 , click to visit the store. Don’t forget to check out the retiring list.