Hello Stamping Friends,
This week’s card is one of those cards that will make you smile many times as you make it! You do make the cards I post, right?
That’s true, Sal! I love to go shopping and smile at people and see if I get a smile back. I tell Paul I am collecting smiles! So hopefully today’s card will bring a smile to your day.
I made a shrinky dink ladybug with the Little Ladybug stamp set. This set is free through the end of March with a $300 party/order. All our hostess’ this quarter have been able to earn the stamp set. We are starting a new rotation of clubs if you would like to be part of a club and earn hostess rewards like this.
To make a shrinky dink ladybug:
- Stamp the Little Ladybugs on clear shrinky dink paper with Staz On ink
- Cut them out with the coordinating framelits (#153588- available until March 31)
- Color the back with alcohol markers; use Light Real Red Stampin’ Blend as the color will darken as it heats
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Put them on the cookie sheet and in the oven colored side up for two to three minutes, they will curl then lay flat
- Leave them in an extra 30 seconds after they lay flat
- Remove from oven and flatten them with an acrylic block
You must use Staz On ink and alcohol markers. In the past we used permanent ink Sharpies but now we have a whole plethora of our own alcohol markers.
Now that you have a tiny ladybug, let’s give her some flowers with the Thoughtful Blooms Sale A Bration stamp set, free with a $50 order.
Imagine that! But I wanted to have you look at that stamp set first. See those four green leaves going in all directions? That is one stamp set and it becomes the center point for building the rest of the bouquet. I thought it was four different stamps that I would have to mount, but not so. I stamped the leaves in Garden Green and then stamped three little sprigs between the green leaves in Pear Pizzaz and then stamped those little dots at the top of the sprigs in orange. The dots are also just one stamp that fits perfectly on the sprig and since the set is photopolymer you can see to line the dots up nicely. I stamped little yellow flowers at the top of the blank green stems and dotted the middle with a black marker. I stamped a large flower in Rich Razzleberry and punched it out then added Wink of Stella, mounted it with dimensionals in the very middle and put a yellow Happiness Blooms Enamel Dot in the center. A few copper sequins added a bit more sparkle (and covered a smudge)!
Here’s a different ladybug:
That makes me smile. The Happy Birthday is in the Little Ladybug set and the trellis border is in Thoughtful Blooms. I stamped the HB in Rich Razzleberry and the trellis in Soft Suede.
Check out another version with large orange flowers and using the teeny tiny centers from the stamp set:
It is a cool set and there is a matching punch for the large flower you can earn free with a $100 order.
For the inside I used another of the Sale A Bration sets free with a $50 order:
It looks like the first one is saying to the others: “Look at me, I can stand on one leg!” The third one gets tricky and says “Look at me, I can roll over!”
Have you smiled, yet? Here is the large orange flower:
Which do you like better- the small yellow flowers or the large orange flowers? A flying shrinky dink ladybug or a sitting shrinky dink ladybug?
The framelits for cutting out the ladybugs are available only through the end of March along with several other framelits that coordinate with the mini and SAB catalogs:
Next week I will have two cards using the Sending Flowers Dies from these coordinating framelits to make a spring and Easter card.
It seems that will spoil the surprise for my club tomorrow, but you are right, Sal, these could sell out soon. Let me give the dimensions to the ladybug card first. Notice that I didn’t use the standard layers. I have smaller layers and more of them than normal:
- Base: Blackberry Bliss, 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- First Layer: Crushed Curry, 3 3/8 X 4 5/8
- Second Layer: Blackberry Bliss, 3 1/4 X 4 1/2
- Top Layer: Whisper White, 3 X 4 1/4
- Inside: Whisper White, 3 3/8 X 4 5/8
- Shrinky Dink Sheet: 2 X 2
- Center Blossom: Whisper White, 1 X 1
- Embellished with 3 copper sequins and one Happiness Blooms Yellow Enamel Dot
- Inks: Soft Suede for the trellis, Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green, Pear Pizzaz, Grapefruit Grove, Crushed Curry
So next week come back and check out the details on the spring and Easter cards below plus a Happy Birthday pop up card.
Order the Sending Flowers Dies # 153589 to make these:
SAL, Smile A Lot
Click on Sal in the computer to go to the online store. Hostess Code through Saturday: K2YHG6BG