Hello Stamping Friends,
It is Friday! Hopefully you had a great week and are looking forward to a restful or fun filled weekend.
There are only two days left to sign up for the November Paper Pumpkin which matches the October Paper Pumpkin and makes 24 Christmas tags but could also be used for the front of a card. This is the October kit. It made 10 full sized cards and the envelope had the wood tone on the inside of the envelope and silver edging on the outside. A beautiful card and envelope!
I did change the greeting. It comes from the very versatile Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set in the Holiday catalog. Click on the image below to go to the Paper Pumpkin site:
Thank you to all those who purchased products from the Clearance Rack after our first Stamp A Stack. I apologize for not posting the recipes sooner.
NOEL Double Time Stamping:
Casing Mary Detharage at stampsnlingers.com:
- Stamp Sets: ‘Joy & Noel’, ‘Timeless Tidings’
- Ink: Memento Black
- Tools: Oval Stitched Shape Framelit and Oval die (retired) 3rd smallest in set or oval 1/8″ smaller than Stitched Shape Oval
- Stampin’ Blends: Real Red, Shaded Spruce
- Base: Real Red, 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 Scored at 4 1/4
- Layer: Basic Black, 4 X 5 1/8 -make 2
- Top: Whisper White, 3 7/8 X 5 – make 2
- Embellishment: 3 gold metallic pearls
Using the largest Stitched Shape Oval, cut out a piece from the middle of the black layer. Set aside.
Center the small oval framelit on the white top layer and cut the oval then return the oval to the layer and stamp the Noel. I used the Stamparatus so I could stamp until I got a really dark black image on the letters.
Color. I used the light Shaded Spruce for the stems and small leaves around the berries, both dark and light Shaded Spruce on the large leaves and Real Red dark and light for the berries.
Adhere the colored oval to the black stitched shape oval with snail and then pop up the ovals on the white layer.
Add gold metallic pearls.
The inside greeting, Merry Christmas and holly branch are from Timeless Tidings.
This card is a case of the catalog using the other stamp in the set:
This card is a case of www.sandjunecrafts.com who cased June Keingstaer:
- Ink: Pacific Point and Versa Mark with silver embossing powder
- Stamps: Beautiful Baubles, Timeless Tidings
- Tools: Detailed Bands Dies, Aqua Painter, Gray Marker, Wink of Stella
- Base: Silver Foil Edged Cards & Envelopes (#147900)
- Layer: Pacific Point 5 1/4 X 4
- Top: Shimmery Whisper White 5 X 3 3/4
- Inside: Silver Foil Strip 4 1/4 X 1/4 and Pacific Point Strip 4 1/4 X 1/4
- Greeting: Shimmery White 2 X 3 and 2 ovals cut from Silver Foil using the Detailed Bands Dies. Deck the Halls is in Beautiful Baubles, the inside greetings are in Timeless Tidings
Start by creating two masks of the bauble on sticky notes. Stamp the left bauble in Versa Mark, mask it and then stamp the bow and string. Remove the mask and emboss with silver embossing powder. Mask that bauble and stamp the middle baubles and the right side bauble, bows and string. Emboss with silver. Use the Aqua Painter and dip in the Pacific Point and water color the baubles. Color the inside of the top little holder thingy gray and apply wink of stella. Add rhinestones.
Stamp the greeting, cut with the Detailed Bands Oval Die and attach to two silver ovals cut with the same die. Sponge the edge with Pacific Point. Use glue dots to attach to the foil and then dimensionals to attach to the top of the card.
Apply strips to the inside left and stamp the greeting. The card stock in the set is thick so you don’t really need another layer. The catalog also has gold foil cards and envelopes. Check out page168 of the Annual Catalog 2019-2020.
Note: I will add the catalog year in the future posts since I have gone back to reference posts from years ago and the page number is not the same. In the catalog section of my blog I have kept all the pdfs of catalogs since I started blogging so you can go to that section and find the catalog I reference. You can look at the date of the post to figure out which catalog but I will be more helpful in the future. Do you have other suggestions that would make my blog more user friendly?
Christmas Tree Special Fold:
Cased from Rachel Tessman at StampYourArtOut.com:
This is a Step Panel Card and folds to fit in a standard envelope.
- Ink: Shaded Spruce, Versa Mark and white embossing powder
- Stamp Set: Snow Is Glistening
- Tools: Snowfall Thinlits, 1 3/8″ circle punch and 1 1/4″ circle punch
- Base: Shaded Spruce 4 1/4 X 8 1/2; Score at 1/2, 1 1/2, 3, 4
- Step: Shaded Spruce 2 1/2 X 4 1/4; Score at 1/2 and 1 1/2
- Tree: Shaded Spruce 4 X 2 1/2
- Greeting and the snowflake background at the top of tree: Whisper White 1 3/4 X 4
- Back of the greeting and snowflake on top of the tree: Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: 1 3/4 X 2 3/4
- Designer Series Paper: 4 X 2 7/8
- Embellishments: Three rhinestones for the snowflakes and 14″ Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon
Fold each score line and use your bone folder to make nice folds on the base and the step. It is critical at this point to get a feel for where the base and the step are attached so you identify the bottom of each. Don’t attach until after you have stamped but you need to know the bottom.
Adhere the Designer Series Paper.
Stamp the tree and the bottom of the step and the base and white emboss. Use the trimmer to cut the tree leaving a tiny edge of green. This will be mounted last and the ribbon will be tied through the step and over the bottom of the tree which hides the seam.
Apply Tear and Tape to the 1/2″ fold on the base, it seems to be the front since stamping but it will be folded back to attach. Critical – don’t guess where it is attached- remove the top of the tear and tape, fold the 1/2″ flap over and then fold the card base flat to correctly attach the 1/2″. Do the same with the step- don’t guess where it is attached. Adhere it to the bottom of the base and then remove the back of the Tear and Tape on the 1/2″ fold and fold the step and base flat to get perfect placement of the step.
Stamp your greeting. Joy is in the Snow Is Glistening stamp set. Punch with the 1 1/4 punch. (Attach to the Dazzling Diamonds with glue dots), then pop up on the base with dimensionals. Die cut two snowflakes from the Snowfall Thinlits (one for the front of the tree and one for the back).
Punch a circle of Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper with the 1 3/8 punch and die cut a dazzling diamond snowflake for the top of the tree. Add a rhinestone!
The back Whisper White piece is a rectangle with the 4 1/4 going vertical and the 4 on the horizontal. It seems square so you have to look carefully for a nice border placement. Die cut a large snowflake and a smaller snowflake in the corners, poke out all the little pieces and set aside for a minute. After cutting your snowflakes it is easy to see where the greeting will fit. Stamp the greeting, adhere the layer to the base and then place the snowflakes back in their cutout. Add rhinestones to the snowflake.
Tie the ribbon through the base right at the top so it covers where your tree is attached.
You just made a step card!
December 4th and 7th at 9:30 are the next Stamp A Stacks and the cards will be fun! RSVP by going to the calendar below – or just give me a shout out-text, phone, email, stop by………
SAL, Stamp A Lot of Christmas cards