Hello Stamping Friends,
We had so much fun at our second session of Stamp A Stacks. Each guest made two cards each of three designs. Would you like to make them or make more? I will showcase them today with measurements.
Today is the last day to order and be guaranteed delivery before Christmas (unless an item is on backorder). Have Santa call me to place your order!
The new hostess code is AXG72X2F. Jo will be our hostess for club on January 8th and this code will be good through then. If your order is under $150 she will get the benefit of the hostess dollars. Thank you in advance for your support!
Note: I abbreviate Designer Series Paper to DSP
Card #1 – Spirited Snowmen
I cased this card idea from Mary Deatherage at Stamps n Lingers. I changed up the snowflakes and used the Snowfall Thinlits Dies. I hope you bought this set while it was available in November. If not, there are beautiful snowflakes in the Blizzard Thinlits Die (page 39 of the Holiday Catalog).
- Base: Very Vanilla 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1: Cherry Cobbler 5 1/4″ X 4″ (this leaves a 1/8″ border)
- Layer 2: Festive Farmhouse DSP 5 1/8″ X 3 7/8″ ( 1/16″ border) Adhere Layer 2 directly to Layer 1 and pop up on the Very Vanilla card base
- Glue a 5 1/2″ Burlap Trim on Layer 2
- Layer 3: Cherry Cobbler 4″ X 3 3/8″
- Layer 4: Festive Farmhouse DSP 3 7/8″ X 3 1/4″ Adhere Layer 4 directly to Layer 3 and pop up over the burlap trim
- Snowmen: Very Vanilla 3 1/2″ X 3 1/2″; Stamp image in Crumb Cake slightly to the left and color with Stampin’ Blends; Cut with the largest of the Stitched Shape Framelits. Stampin’ Blends used:
- Light & Dark Crumb Cake
- Light & Dark Old Olive
- Light & Dark Cherry Cobbler
- Light & Dark Smoky Slate
- Color Lifter to highlight- My technique is to outline in the dark and then blend the color in to the middle with the light marker
- Snowflakes: Very Vanilla 2 1/4″ X 5″, cut with the flurry thinlit and one medium and one small thinlit
- Greeting: Very Vanilla 3 1/2″ X 1 1/4″, stamp the greeting in Cherry Cobbler then cut with the Petals & More Thinlits Die; punch a hole in the right hand side and insert two 3″ pieces of Cherry Cobbler Twine in the hole (I folded a 6″ piece in half and then cut it after inserting it in the hole). Tie a 6″ linen thread around the Cherry Cobbler Twine
- Inside Layer: Very Vanilla 4″ X 3 3/8 “
- Side Strip: Cherry Cobbler 5/8″ X 3 3/8″
- Side Strip Layer: DSP 1/2″ X 3 1/4″
- Embellishment: Pearl Basic Jewels colored with the Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend marker.
Card #2 – Peaceful Poinsettia
- Base: Thick Whisper White 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1 (make one for outside and one for inside): Shaded Spruce 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Layer 2 (make one for outside and one for inside): Whisper White 5″ X 3 3/4″; Cut outside with corner Poinsettia Thinlit Die
- Poinsettia: Whisper White 2″ X 5 1/4″; stamp with Memento Ink and color with Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend Markers; Cut out with Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits Die
- Greeting: Whisper White 3 1/4″ X 2″, Stamp in Shaded Spruce then punch with Pretty Label Punch
- Greeting Frame” Shaded Spruce 3 1/4″ X 2″ punched with the Pretty Label Punch then cut in half horizontally
- Embellish with Red Rhinestones and Clear Rhinestones colored with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend marker.
Card #3 – Hearts Come Home For Christmas
I cased this card from Debra Verbosh at debsrubberroom.com just changing out the DSP and the greeting and …… well you know, CASE – copy and selectively edit. Sometimes I think we get so excited to use the framelits and thinlits and we forget how fun it is to stamp. This card gives you the fun of stamping again!
- Base: Cherry Cobbler 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″; Cut 2″ off the front -vertically.
- Flap: Festive Farmhouse DSP 2″ X 5 1/4″; Wrap this with 6 1/2″ of Cherry Cobbler ribbon layered with 1/4″ Smoky Slate ribbon and tied with a 4″ tie of smoky slate ribbon. I used snail to position the ribbons but then put a piece of Tear and Tape top and bottom over the ribbons to adhere them to the main card flap as well as snail on the edges
- Circle: Cherry Cobbler 4″ ; Score this at 3 1/2″ and fold
- Top of Circle: Whisper White 3 5/8″ Circle; Cut out the circle and then lay it on the 4″ circle to mark the scored edges and then cut off the edge to match the edge of the 4″ circle. (I was using the old Circle Framelits) I used the Stamparatus to line up the three little houses from the Hearts Come Home stamp set and then masked the houses with sticky notes and stamped a tree from the stamp set with Tranquil Tide, once fully inked and twice stamped off without reinking. The moon, stars, smokestack and greeting are all stamped in Smoky Slate. Santa is stamped in black Memento Ink. “from our home to yours” is from the Farmhouse Christmas stamp set but the rest are in the Hearts Come Home set.
- Inside: Whisper White 5″ X 3 3/4″ ; Adhere the 4″ circle to the back of the Whisper White inside layer
- Inside Greeting: Festive Farmhouse DSP 3″ X 3″ Cut with Circle Framelit
- Greeting Layer: Whisper White 2 1/2″ X 2 1/2″ Cut with Circle Framelit; The greeting is from Farmhouse Christmas.
Bonus Card – Joy Ornament
I challenged myself to use Designer Series Paper last year and loved how this turned out. The Pretty Label Punch and the Label Me Pretty stamp set is still available in the Annual Catalog – see page 22; item #143861. The Pretty Label punch is so versatile as you see with its use on the above Poinsettia card with a large greeting and then on this card as a background. The “Joy” is from the Hearts Come Home stamp set in the Annual Catalog and the inside greetings are from Holly Berry Happiness and a Paper Pumpkin set. The layout is what I wanted to record with the small front panel of DSP matching the large background layer in the middle. Grab some scraps to make the ornament and you won’t need to use the dimensions given here.
- Base: Cherry Cobbler 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1: DSP (Be Merry of 2017) 5 3/8″ X 4 1/8″; Wrap this layer with 6 1/2″ of ribbon
- Panel Layer 1: Cherry Cobbler 4 3/16″ X 2 1/4″
- Panel Layer 2: Whisper White 4 1/8″ X 2 3/16″
- Panel Layer 3: DSP 4″ X 2″
- Ornament Layer 1: Garden Green 6 1/2″ X 2″ Punch 2 with the Pretty Label Punch
- Ornament Layer 2: Whisper White 3 1/4″ X 2″ Stamp in Garden Green with the Label Me Pretty outline stamp and then punch adhered to frame and directly adhered to the DSP
- Ornament Layer 3: Garden Green 1 3/4″ X 1 3/4″ Use a 1 3/8 ” Circle framlit or punch for this layer; Pop this layer up with dimensionals
- Ornament Layer 4: Whisper White 1 1/2″ X 1 1/2″ Stamp the circle Thank You from the stamp set then fussy cut around the design to scallop; Pop this layer up with dimensionals
- Ornament Layer 5: Whisper White 1 1/4″ X 1 1/4″ Stamp the Joy from the Hearts Come Home set in Cherry Cobbler, coloring just the back of the one word or place a sticky note over the “to the world” while you ink and then remove the sticky note and stamp. Punch with a 1″ punch and then color the edge with a Cherry Cobbler marker. Pop this layer up with dimensionals
- Embellish with a little rhinestone in the “o” of the “Joy” and a bow of white twine above the ornament
- Inside Layer 1: Same DSP as front panel 5 3/8″ X 4 1/8″
- Inside Layer 2: Garden Green 4 3/8″ X 3 1/8″
- Inside Layer 3: Whisper White 4 1/4″ X 3″ stamped with greeting from Holly Berry Happiness in Cherry Cobbler and Merry Christmas in Garden Green
Do you think we will ever go back and use these layouts making it worth the time to record the dimensions? Do you ever go to the recipe box to get layouts or do you ( and I) just go to the internet and look for something new? I would love to hear from you! Remember today is the last day to order in time for Christmas delivery and the hostess code is AXG72X2F if you would like your order to qualify for your January club minimum.
SAL, (Be Salt and Light as we Share A Love of Jesus this Christmas)