Hello Stamping Friends,
What a flurry of sales we have had over the last six days and today is the last day for the final sale on Tools and Inks.
Select Adhesives, Applicators, Cleaners, Cutting Tools, Embossing Folders, Framelits and Thinlits, Ink Pads, Ink Refills, Markers, Punches, Scoring Tools, Stamp Blocks and Cases are 10% off through 11:50 pm tonight. Click Here to view.
I will be submitting an order using the hostess code TJPDW3JC at 7:00 tonight. If you would like to join me in getting a discount on these sale items submit your order before 7:00 pm using the hostess code.
There are only three days left for the Snowflake Showcase set of products. It is only available through November 30.
My first of four Stamp A Stacks was yesterday and we used the Snowfall Thinlits and the Snow is Glistening stamp set to make this floating card I cased from ‘Stampin’ With Glittermum’ adding glitter enamel dots and a unique inside.
The Glitter Enamel Dots (#146934) page 197 in the annual catalog are perfect for the centers!
I made the inside a folded card for a ‘card inside a card’, stamping the greeting on the front, under the top panel, and then overstamping with the snowflake dots stamp in the set.
Snowflake Poem printable pdf file
Click the blue to download a printable pdf file with two poems. Print the file on 8 1/2 X 11 Whisper White cardstock and trim the left side 1/2″. Trim each poem to 5 1/4″ long and score at 4″. Your inside card should be 8″ X 5 1/4″.
- Base is Gorgeous Grape (Bermuda Bay): 7 1/4″ X 4 1/4″, Scored at 5 1/2″. I started by cutting the cardstock in half the long way 11″ X 4 1/4″ and then made the 7 1/4″ cut using the rest for two of the three panels needed.
- 3 panels in Gorgeous Grape (Bermuda Bay): 4 1/4″ X 1 3/4″, One panel will attach to the front of the window sheet and two panels will attach to the back of the front to cover the tape on the window sheet.
- Window Sheet: 4 1/4″ X 3″, place a piece of Tear and Tape on the top and on the bottom of the Window Sheet. Remove the backing from just the bottom tape on the Window Sheet and attach the Window Sheet to the back of a panel. Line up the panel even with the very bottom of the card, remove the top tape backing on the window sheet and fold the top of the card base over the window sheet. Adhere the other two panels to the back of the front covering the window sheet but being careful to keep the panels in line with the base of the card.
- 2 coordinating panel layers in Highland Heather (Coastal Cabana) : 4 X 1 1/2″ , adhere to front
- 2 top panel layers in Whisper White: 3 3/4″ X 1 1/4″, We will make our own Designer Series Paper. Using the little multiple snowflake stamp, stamp randomly in the darker ink, then stamp the larger single snowflake in the lighter ink and finish off with filling in any blanks with the tiny single snowflake in the lighter ink. Hint: place the two panels next to each other on your grid sheet to stamp them at the same time.
- 2 large snowflakes in Highland Heather (Coastal Cabana): 8 1/2″ X 3 1/2″, Cut two snowflakes with the largest thinlit and use Tombow liquid glue to adhere one snowflake to the front middle of the Window Sheet,; Tombow gives you the ability to adjust the snowflake to center it top and bottom. When you are satisfied with the placement, hold the snowflake in place for a bit since it won’t adhere immediately to the window sheet. Attach the second snowflake to the back of the window sheet lining it up with the front snowflake.
- 1 Sparkle snowflake: 2″ X 2″, use Sparkle Glimmer Paper and the medium thinlit to cut a sparkly snowflake. Use Tombow glue to dot the back of the snowflake – count to 10 and then adhere to the large snowflake. Waiting a few seconds keeps the glue from gushing out when you adhere your piece. Attach a matching Glitter Enamel Dot in the center.
- The center panel is Whisper White: 8″ X 5 1/4″ scored at 4″ for an inside card in a card or 4″ X 5 1/4″ for a flat inside.
Be sure you stamp your greeting and sign your name under the panels of the card not under the window sheet.
You may never need another snowflake stamp if you purchase this set with its various sizes. The thinlits even have an attached set of snowflakes for a fun flurry! Purchase by Friday, November 30!
The second card at my Stamp A Stack I will call Comfort & Joy cased somewhat from someone on Pinterest:
Timeless Tidings (#148936) is the stamp set I used for the greetings. It can be seen on page 33 of the Holiday catalog. The greetings are beautiful and I love the mixture of fonts in small and large sizes!
- Base – Call Me Clover: 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Top Layer – Whisper White: 4 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ embossed with the Seasonal Wreath Embossing Folder (#146833)
- Two strips of Silver Foil Paper: 4 3/8″ X 1/2″ (the extra 1/8 gives you ease in lining it up under the Whisper White layer- just clip off the excess). I used Tombow again on the back of the white layer and then laid it on the silver strip, top and bottom.
- Flowers: 3/4″ X 4″ Silver Foil,and 3/4″ X 4″ Sparkle glimmer paper. Cut six of each with the thinits from the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies. There are three flower dies of the same size so you only have to run them twice on each paper strip to get six flowers. Adhere with glue dots offsetting slightly to leave a shadow of silver behind the sparkle flower. Add a red rhinestone (#146924) to the top pushing the rhinestone firmly into the glitter paper.
- Bow: 1/8″ Real Red Ribbon (#144631), 10″ trimmed as needed
The Stamparatus worked great for stamping the Merry Christmas with the green ink multiple times to get a dark image.
The third card I cased from Donna Ross at Stamped Sophisticates just changing out the greeting to use the Farmhouse Christmas stamp set greeting(#148478). It is on page 13 of the Holiday Catalog. The Farmhouse Framelits Dies that match the set (10% off if you bundle them) has a stitched banner framelit used here for the Merry Christmas cut out. The little gold bows are also in the Farmhouse framelit set.
It is so much prettier in real life with the All Is Bright Designer Series Paper (#147892) a beautiful, realistic print with deep green and bright red colors. I used the Timeless Tidings set again for the inside greeting which matched the font in the front greeting from Farmhouse Merry Christmas!
- Base – Garden Green: 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- First Layer and inside layer – Old Olive: 5 1/4″ X 4″ – make 2
- Second Layer Outside – All Is Bright Designer Series Paper: 5″ X 3 3/4″
- Inside Second Layer – Very Vanilla: 5″ X 3 3/4″, the Designer Series Paper strips will be glued to this
- Designer Series Paper Strips for inside: 5/8″ X 5″ (or use my trick of making it 5 1/8″ long and then clip the ends)
- Greeting – Very Vanilla: 6″ X 3″, Stamp the greeting once in Real Red, Clean, Stamp again in Garden Green. Cut out the Garden Green greeting with the 2 3/8″ Stitched Shapes circle framelit. Cut out the Merry Christmas in Real Red with the stitched banner in the Farmhouse Framelits.
- Gold Base of the greeting – gold foil paper: 3 3/4″ X 3 1/4″ , Cut out with the Stitched Labels Framelit(#146828) see on page 17 and on page 220 of the Annual Catalog. Pop up each piece of the greeting – the gold is popped up, then the circle is popped up and the banner is popped up.
- With the scrap gold foil you have left over, use the Farmhouse little bows framelit and cut out three gold bows. Adhere two to the greeting and one to the inside.
I still have a couple of spots left at next Tuesday morning and Friday evening Stamp A Stacks- 9:30 Tuesday, 6:30 Friday. I will have three new designs and you will make two of each design for a total of six cards at a cost of $25. Goodies, door prizes and thank you gifts always appear! I need RSVPs by Saturday at the latest.
Check out the sales, check out the Clearance Rack and save! Again the hostess code through 7:00 tonight is TJPDW3JC.
SAL, Save A Lot