Home » Posts tagged 'Barn Door'
Tag Archives: Barn Door
Hello Stamping Friends,
I have one more card to post from my April card class. This one uses the Let It Ride stamp set and is a case of Kim Baker at www.kims-kreative-korner.blogspot.com.
Stamps: Let It Ride, High Tide (birds), Barn Door, Crackle Paint
Tools: Sliding Door Framelits Dies, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder,
Inks: Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Soft Sky Blue
Stampin’ Blends: Dark & Light Soft Suede, Light Smoky Slate (hooves)
Special Technique: Sponging with saran wrap. I wadded up a piece of saran wrap and put it in one of those big black desk clips. I masked off the separation between sky and meadow and masked off the horse. I stamped the sky, changed saran wrap and switched the mask on the meadow to the sky and then stamped the meadow in green. It gave the card a textured sort of sponging and took much less time. Looks a lot like grass don’t you think?!
I used the Stamparatus to stamp the horse (and needed it) so I could stamp a second time and press a little extra on the mane. I triple stamped the trees using the Stamparatus so they would be a deep green and then moved the hinge on the Stamparatus and did a couple of shadow stamps to create a forest.
Dimensions: Note – the layers are flush to the bottom
- Crumb Cake: 11″ X 4 1/4″, Score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″; Make a pencil mark 2 1/8″ down at the left hand side of the front and cut diagonally from that mark to the 2 3/4″ score line
- Real Red: 5 3/8″ X 4 1/8″, Score at 2 5/8″; Make a pencil mark 2 1/16″ down on the left hand side of the front and cut diagonally from the mark to 2 5/8″ score line. Emboss with the Pinewood Plank embossing folder
- Very Vanilla: 5 5/16″ (5 1/4 + 1/16″) X 4 1/8″
- Crumb Cake: 3″ X 4″ for the gate; stamp and cut the entire barn door then cut in half
- Black Scrap: 2″ X 2″ for hardware on the door
- Red Strip: 5/8″ X 2 1/2″, emboss with the Pinewood Plank, roll the paper with your fingers to create the look of the front of a post, place an adhesive dimensional strip down the middle to adhere; adhere a bit down from the top so you don’t see the adhesive.
Stamp your name on the back and send to your favorite horse lover!
We have two weeks left of the Annual Catalog and the Occasions Catalog so be sure and check your wish list to make sure you purchased what you can’t live without. I recommend stocking up on your paper since the price goes up with the new catalog June 4th. Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator!
The hostess code for the next party is DP7XS3NC. The new catalog launch is Saturday, June 8th, in conjunction with the craft garage sale. Hope you can make it! Click on the calendar to view all the upcoming events. My first Christmas Stamp
A Stack will be in August. Check it out!
SAL, Saddle A Lovely horse