Home » Posts tagged 'Hello Cupcake Stamp Set'
Tag Archives: Hello Cupcake Stamp Set
Hello Stamping Friends,
It’s Friday! Let’s celebrate! If you are a mother, I hope you have a Happy Mother’s Day weekend! Let the celebration begin, now.
We made this card at our downline meeting and it could be used for most any celebration!
It is a case from Wendy Lee at www.CreativeLeeYours.com, who cased Mikela Titheridge at www.thecraftyoinkpen.co.uk
Stamp Set: Hello Cupcake from Sale A Bration 2019
Tools: Call Me Cupcake Framelits, Bunch of Banners Framelits, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, 1/8″ hand held punch
Inks: Powder Pink, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Melon Mambo, Wink of Stella
Embellishments: 4″ Blue Organdy Ribbon from Sale A Bration 2019, Rhinestones, Blue Sequins
Card Base: Balmy Blue 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4″ and 8″
Insert: Whisper White 5″ X 3 3/4″
Slider Mechanism: Thick Whisper White 3/4″ X 3″
Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper: 5 1/4″ X 3 3/4″
Icing: Powder Pink 2″ X 2″ stamped and die cut
Cupcake: So Saffron 1″ X 2″ die cut
Cupcake Tissue: Crumb Cake 2″ X 2″ stamped and die cut
Cupcake Cover: Vellum 3 3/4″ X 2 3/4″ die cut & put large rhinestone at top
Cupcake Base Plate: Shimmer White 1 1/2″ X 3″ die cut
Flowers: Whisper White Scrap 3/4″ X 3″ stamp in Melon Mambo & Die Cut
Banner: Whisper White 3 1/2″ X 1 1/4″ die cut
Circle Pull Tab: Balmy Blue Scrap punched with 1 1/4″ Circle Punch
- Adhere DSP to front at left of 1/2″ tab with 1/8″ border
- Die cut the vellum cupcake ‘glass’ cover
- Die cut the shimmer white cupcake base plate
- Use 1 1/4″ circle punch and punch the front layers and back layer of the card at the top in the middle
- Make one vertical cut 1 1/4″ to the left of 8″ score line- 1″ from top & 1 3/8″ from bottom, you don’t need a cut on the other side. Note: The cupcake is not centered on the front since the mechanism needs to slide on the right and the cupcake needs to be behind the vellum. We made the mistake of trying to center it with our first cut. It is almost invisible in the picture.
- Place a dimensional on the right front side of the Thick Whisper White 3/4″ slider mechanism and run the slider through the slot front side to back side at the very bottom of the slit. Turn the card over and hold the mechanism straight by placing a sticky note on it, sticking it to the back of the card. Place two pieces of sticky tape on the 3/4″ slider which will glue to the white insert later.
- Cut the banner and use the Stamparatus to position the “Celebrate” in the middle of the banner. Mask off the “your day” part of the stamp, ink in Melon Mambo, remove the mask and stamp. (Or color ‘Celebrate’ with a marker). We were doing multiple cards so I drew around the banner with a pencil on a piece of stamparatus grid sheet to help with the placement.
- Glue the cupcake plate at the bottom of the front at the end of the slit. It is 1/4″ from the bottom so you have 1/8″ DSP border and the Balmy Blue 1/8″ border.
- Glue the ‘Celebrate’ banner to the bottom of the vellum cover. Work the vellum with your fingers to make it have a slight curl then remove the backing of the dimensional on the slider mechanism and adhere the cover to the slider mechanism.
- Now position the Whisper White insert on the Stamparatus so that the “Your Day” part of the stamp will stamp 3/4″ down on the left side, mask off the “celebrate”, ink in Melon Mambo, remove the mask and stamp. (Or color ‘Your Day’ with a marker).
- Punch out the blue circle for the pull and score it in half. Adhere it to the middle of the insert and punch a little hole with the 1/8″ hand held punch for the ribbon. Attach the ribbon.
- Remove the backing of the tear and tape of the slider mechanism and position the Whisper White insert to attach to the mechanism.
- Stamp and die cut three little flowers with Melon Mambo. Color with Wink of Stella. Adhere with glue dots and place a rhinestone on the two flowers in the front.
- Add sequins and color the icing with the Wink of Stella.
- Now you can put tear and tape on the 1/2″ tab at the right of the front and adhere the front to the back.
I hope many of you purchased this stamp and framelit set! I want to do a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting next! What is your favorite flavor?
SAL, Sharing A Love of cupcakes