Home » Posts tagged 'Bitty Butterfly Punch'
Tag Archives: Bitty Butterfly Punch
Hello Stamping Friends,
It’s May in the Rockies! I think we started the fountain a little too early. No, that is not a real jack rabbit, but the garden statue sure shows up nicely in the snow! The sun melted every flake the next day and the lawn loved the moisture so we are thankful!
Thank you to those of you who ordered in April with the hostess code! Sharon did earn her Big Shot and if you missed her party with all the fun thank you gifts, I will be mailing you a thank you gift for your online order!
May’s hostess code is: 29SANZNQ It is the last month for the Occasions Catalog and the Annual Catalog and many items are already sold out. You can go to the online store and click on Retiring items on the left side to view images of the retiring items. The Clearance Rack has been stocked with other items as well so stop by there while you are visiting to see if anything is a must have! Online Store
Use the hostess code and receive a gift from me if your order is under $150! Order over $150 and you earn the hostess dollars!
Sharon’s party focused on the Floral Boutique Suite on pages 76-77 of the Annual Catalog. The bundle is still available at 10% off and the Designer Series Paper (DSP) is still available, though inventory is low. The Washi Tape and Baker’s Twine is sold out – so sorry.
For Sharon’s thank you gift I used the gift bag punch board and made a medium sized bag with the Floral Boutique DSP and then filled the bag with the Washi Tape and Baker’s Twine.
Sharon had recently purchased the Pansy Punch, #130698, and the Flower Shop stamp set, #130942, so I made her a 3D flower using those products. I will explain how to make a pansy punch flower later in this post.
For her thank you card, I used the Detailed Floral Thinlits Dies with the Floral Phrases stamp set. The border stamp was a great way to enhance the greeting on the inside of the card:
Thank you card:
- Base: Thick Whisper White Card Stock 4 1/4″ X 11″ Scored at 5 1/2″
- Top Layer: Night of Navy 4″ X 5 1/4″ with thinlits positioned on each end and cut, then each end cut with the border thinlit.
We made two projects at the party, a wedding card and a mother’s day box using the Window Box thinlits on page 43 of the Occasions catalog. The bundle is still available and, though the Window Shopping Stamp set and Window Box Thinlits carry over to the new catalog, they won’t have the 10% discount.
The little blue flower on the top of the box is from the Flourish Thinlits set #141478. It coordinates with the Flourishing Phrases stamp set which has greetings for many occasions. Check out page 49 of the Annual Catalog. The 3D flower is made using the pansy punch.
- Using regular Whisper White card stock 2″ X 7″ punch four pansies
- Sponge the edges with Night of Navy ink
- Punch a hole in the center of each flower. I used a business hole punch and punched about three times to make a nice hole
- Using your bone folder curl the petals a bit for softer looking petals
- The 5 petal pansy becomes the base, the first layer
- Make a cut between two petals to the center hole and then glue one petal on top of the other; this is the second layer-4 petals
- Cut out one petal, save it for the center, and glue one petal on top of another to make the third layer-3 petals
- Cut out two petals, save them, and glue one petal on top of another to make the fourth layer – 2 petals
- Roll the two petals you cut out- 1 petal
- Roll the one petal to make a center
- Place a glob of hot glue on the Silicone Craft Sheet #127853 and quickly layer your flowers, the glue should come up through the holes in the middle of the flowers. (Some crafters layered the flowers first then placed them on the hot glue.)
Wedding Wishes Card:
- Detailed Floral Thinlits #141482
- Floral Phrases Stamp Set #141767 (Can be bundled for a 10% discount through May 31)
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White #140272 cardstock 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
- Night of Navy cardstock #100867 cut at 5 3/8″ X 4 3/16″ ( I call it 4 1/4″ (minus a hair))
- Use the smaller thinlit and the border thinlit and cut the right hand side of the Night of Navy
- Glue the cut piece to the card base flush to the left
- Using just the border thinlit, cut the card base to match the Night of Navy top
- Fussy cut along the fold line to make it a bit neater
- Cut an outside 2 1/4″ circle with the circle framelits and a 2 3/4″ X 2 3/4″ piece of Night of Navy
- Using a 2 1/4″ X 2 1/4″ piece of Whisper White stamp your greeting, then cut to make a 1 7/8″ circle with the Stitched Framelits specialty set #145372, the 2nd circle in from the center
- Cut a piece of the Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper at 4″ X 3 1/4″
- Layer the circles and then center them on the DSP and attach
- Wrap the DSP and circles tying a bow with 14″ Bakers Twine and then attach to the Night of Navy layer
- As you trim the Bakers Twine save a little bit and separate the strands to make little antennae for the butterfly
- Stamp a butterfly with the Papillion Potpourri stamp set #123759 and punch with the retiring Bitty Butterfly punch #129406
- I put one glue dot on to attach the antennae and then another to attach to the card
- The inside is the Standard Layers (click here) Night of Navy 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Whisper White top layer of 5″ X 3 3/4″
- Helpful Hint: Mount all three of the stamps on one block to get them nicely squared and then stamp the inside greeting
Imagine the different Designer Series Papers we could use to make this a birthday or graduation or………
Mother’s Day Window Box:
- Window Box Thinlits #142762
- Flourish Thinlits #141478 – use Night of Navy 2″ X 3 1/2″ and cut one flourish
- Pansy Punch #130698 – see instructions for flower above
- Thick Whisper White cardstock 11 X 6 (cut two box bases) See prior post instructions by clicking here
- Designer Series Paper; start with 3 3/4″ X 4″ and then cut just a top with Window Box Thinlit then cut off all the tabs; I had several to make so I used grid paper and made a template of just the top so I could quickly cut off the edges-store this template with your framelits for the future
- Every other side, three of the six sides, was made using #2 of the Stitched Shape square specialty framelits and a piece of DSP that was 2″ X 2″ (Note: #2 means the second one from the center)
- The other three sides used the # 2 Stitched Shape square and a 2″ X 2″ Night of Navy cardstock for the back border
- The top of the Night of Navy used a 1 7/8″ X 1 7/8″ piece of Whisper White and the heart cutout from the Window Box Thinlits layered with the retired #2 Regular Square Framelits Die. You layer both on the Whisper White and only need to cut once. The magnetic platform really helps with this cut!
- Before gluing all the pieces to the top of the lid, cut a 2″ piece of ribbon, fold it in half and glue it to the box lid. I used the retiring 5/8″ Organza #114319
- Cut a Delicate White Doilie # 141701 to fit the left edge of the top and attach your layers: the DSP, then Doilie, Flourish and finally the rose. I made an extra to store with the framelits for a template so future projects will take less time.
- I didn’t want to clutter the top with a greeting so I used the 2 1/2″ circle punch to punch a circle, sponged the edges and added a greeting. My Mother’s Day greeting comes from my stash of Paper Pumpkin stamp sets but the retiring Oh So Succulent stamp set on page 21 of the Occasions catalog #142992 and the That’s The Tag # 142755 retiring set on page 23 both have Mother’s Day greetings.
So now lets go find a beautiful piece of Navy satin and a lovely necklace, or perfume, or gift card to put in the box. Then let’s make a graduation box with a graduation cap instead of a rose what do you think?
SAL, Stamp A Lot this wonderful May month
Hello Stamping Friends,
Today the spotlight is on Jennifer Michael who joined the Stampalosopher team in February of 2014 and promoted to Senior Associate last month. Jennifer lives in Kiowa, CO and hosts a crafting/scrapbooking event on the third Saturday of each month.
She has graciously provided us with the instructions for the two cards she made at her March event:
Here is the printable recipe:
And the printable recipe:
Thank you, Jennifer! It is great to have you as part of the team! We would love to have you join us! JOIN
There are five days left of Sale A Bration and you can get the Irresistibly Yours Designer Series paper that Jennifer used in the first card or the Lotus Blossom Stamp set used in the second card – for FREE with a $50 order.
Click on the computer below to be directed to the store. SAL, Karen