Hello Stamping Friends,
The new hostess code is: TJPDW3JC, use this code if your order is under $150 and we won’t lose the hostess benefits. If your order is $150 or more you earn the hostess rewards yourself!
I have a Bridge Fold Card for you today using:
- Peaceful Place Stamp set, page 59 of the annual catalog, item #146689 in clear, #146686 in wood
- Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper, page 189, #146338
- Botanical Tags Thinlits, page 20, #146824 or bundle with the stamp set in clear or wood.
- Leaf Ribbon, page 200, #146905
- Linen Thread, page 201, #104199
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine, page 201, #124262
- Tranquil Tide 1/4″ Velvet Ribbon, page 37 of the Holiday Catalog, #147802
- Tools: Big Shot, Versa Mark and White Embossing Powder, Tranquil Tide Paper and Ink, Adhesives & scissors
The green is the rich Tranquil Tide and so much better in real life. The card folds down either to the left or right to fit perfectly in our envelopes.
- Base, Gray Granite, 8″ X 4 1/4″, scored at 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 5 1/2″, 6 3/4″
- Middle Layer, Tranquil Tide, 4″ X 2 3/4″
- Panels, Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper, 4″ X 1″ make 4
- Bridge Base, Tranquil Tide, 5 1/2″ X 1 1/4″
- Bridge Top Layer, Gray Granite, 5 1/4″ X 1″
- Bird Cut Out, 2 1/2″ X 2 1/2″
- Scrap of Gray Granite to cut out birds
- Tranquil Tide Velvet Ribbon, 6 1/2″, this gives you 1/2″ to lap on each side
- Leaf Ribbon, 8 leaves cut out and 4 layered on each side of greeting with glue dots
- Linen Thread, 12″, 6″ for each side
- Baker’s Twine, Whisper White, 12″, 6″ for each side, Tie a bow together with the linen thread
Stamp the tree scene in Versa Mark, apply white embossing powder and heat. I used Tranquil Tide ink for the greeting and set up the Stamparatus so I could stamp it, reink and stamp again to get a nice dark image. I am loving this tool! Attach one side of the bridge to the very edge using double back tape and then fold over that side to apply the other side of the bridge to the opposite edge with your double back tape.
I see lots of potential for Christmas cards using our lovely Designer Series Paper. The birds could have a tiny ornament on a metallic thread hanging from their beaks. Hmmmm……. it’s fun to get in the design mode! I would love to see what bridge fold cards you make!
Stampin’ Up! had a special announcement for us at last week’s convention in Orlando. They are introducing “Cling Stamps” and they are no longer going to carry the wood stamps or the clear stamps as we used to know them. The cling stamps look just like the clear stamps with the nice red rubber and the labels all look the same – until you attach them. The label is made of a new product which clings really well to the blocks! No more putting two way glue on the back of our stamps! They warned us, though, that both sides are very “clingy” so you need to be extra careful in putting the label on since you won’t be able to pull it up and reposition it. Wood will still be used on the large background stamps, otherwise our options will be ‘cling’ or ‘photopolymer’.
They also had another announcement. They have a Stamparatus bag! It will be available for you to purchase December 5! It could be under the Christmas tree for you; just have that special someone call me and I will order it (secretly)!
While you are thinking Christmas gifts, you might want to consider gifting Paper Pumpkin. You can order Paper Pumpkin in the online store and you will be emailed a code and a link to Paper Pumpkin. You will give the very fortunate recipient the code and they will go online to enter their Paper Pumpkin gift under their own email. Be sure they know that they do not enter their payment information since you have already paid for it.
1-month, item # 137858; 3-month, #137859; 6-month, #137860; 12 month, #137861
You could make a Christmas card with an insert for a gift card and your shopping for them is done- and you have the fun of creating a card instead of braving the crowded mall!
SAL, Stamp A Lot of Christmas cards (the Stamparatus will simplify the process)
Karen Click on SAL to go to the online store.