Hello Stamping Friends,
What a flurry of a month this has been! Our new grandson, Emmitt, was born January 9!
What a miracle is a new little life! Fun and adventures for all in the future!
Meantime back to business and the cool new products I have to show you. Today I will feature the Party Pandas stamp set in the Sale A Bration catalog which is free with a $50 order:
I saw this card setup on stampsnlingers.com with the pandas and balloon, then changed the designer series paper and the balloon and the circles and added hearts; so I guess this is a CASE that is copy and selectively edit instead of copy and share everything! What I would recommend with this stamp set is doing what I did here with the panda’s eyes to make them friendlier. I used a white gel pen to increase the size of the whites and then made a bigger black dot in the middle of the white. I thought the eyes were too beady. Can you tell a difference?
The Designer Series Paper is Pop of Pink which is in the clearance rack for only $3.90 but it won’t last long because it is perfect for Valentines as you can see with the heart paper I used above. Click on the image to visit the clearance rack.
- Base of the card: Melon Mambo 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
- 1st Layer: Whisper White 4″ X 5 1/4″ make two so you have one for the inside
- Top Layer: Designer Series Paper (DSP) 3 3/4″ X 5″
- From the DSP punch a balloon for the inside – Balloon Bouquet Punch #140609, page 207
- From a scrap of Melon Mambo punch a balloon for the front, sponge the edges and use a white gel pen for the line
- With the Big Shot, cut two Melon Mambo 1 7/8″ Stitched Shape Circle Framelits and two Whisper White same size
- Melon Mambo 4 x 4 and Whisper White 4 x 4 needed for the circles, they are offset and pink on white then white on pink
- Whisper White 2 1/2″ X 4″ for stamping the two pandas with Tuxedo black, color the circles in the hat and then fussy cut
- Stamp Happy Birthday on Whisper White Scrap and cut with the Bunch of Banners framelit
- The hearts are from the Brights Enamel Shapes on page 196 of the Annual Catalog #141680
- The Baker’s Twine I used is retired but there is solid white #124262 or black and white striped #134576 on page 199. Trick: to adhere your Baker’s Twine, position the twine, put a small dab of liquid Tombow on a scrap of paper, slightly lift the twine and slide the scrap with the glue under the twine, let the twine absorb a little glue then remove the scrap. No mess!
- Melon Mambo Marker and Black Marker were used to add a little line on the balloon to look like a tie from the twine
- The inside greeting comes from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set page 96, the confetti is from Party Pandas
Ribbon of Courage in clear mount is $19, the Balloon Punch is $18, The DSP is $3.90, the Enamel Shapes are $9.00 and twine is $3.00 so you can reach your $50 with those purchases and get the Party Pandas for free!!
Contact me if you need a catalog!
SAL, Stamp A Lot, Smile A Little and Share A Love
Karen (Click on the image to go to the store)