Home » Event Announcement
Category Archives: Event Announcement
Hello Stamping Friends,
Did you overlook the stamp set on the inside cover of the Occasions catalog? The flowers in this set are beautiful and the font on the greetings is lovely. Take a look see! Item #148664; (the blue means there is a framelit to cut it out):
I cased several people and watched FrenchieStamps.com do an inside pop up flower box.
Can you distinguish that cute little flower in the box? It would even look great as a focal point with one of the Vibrant Vases stamps. The crafters had a choice of three colors, Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral or Gorgeous Grape and they all turned out phenomenal! Pictures of those are after the recipe below.
The Gingham Paper is retiring so be sure and add that to your list- again! You may have thought it was gone because of the previous backorder but it is orderable until June 3 – Item #148554.
Use hostess code GZG4SMXW if your order is under $150. Extra perks to ordering with the hostess code until June 8-raffle tickets!
I have put together a raffle basket for the catalog launch on Saturday, June 8, 9:00am to 3:00pm, and you will receive one raffle ticket for each $10 order using the hostess code; for example $50 and you will receive 5 tickets. Tickets that day will be $2 each. The basket has items only demonstrators can order:
There is also a fun product in the basket that I can’t show just yet. Hint: decorated tin, cards and envelopes, laser cuts……
Attendance at the catalog launch for the raffle drawing is not required but you won’t want to miss the fun. There will be a crafting sale of retired items I must part with (gotta buy the new ones) and other crafters will have tables set up as well. The first 16 people purchasing from the craft sale will receive a special thank you gift with a little taste of bling from the new catalog. Our make and take will be the traditional bookmark with a new In Color, and for those interested, there will be a station to make a color sheet with the new In Colors. At 10:00 and 1:00 there will be a catalog scavenger hunt with a fun door prize at each. Do you think I can talk Paul into putting on his tux and serving us appetizers throughout the event? Hmmmm….. it is a stretch. You will just have to come see for yourself!
Save the date: June 8th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Now back to that card I want to detail for you.
Stamp Set: All That You Are
Tools: Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Stamp A Ma Jig Sheet, Stamparatus
Card Base: Gorgeous Grape 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
First Layer: Gingham Gala DSP in Highland Heather 4″ X 5 1/4″
Top Layer: Whisper White 3 3/4″ X 4 7/8″
Paper for stamping all the images to be cut out: Whisper White 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″, Stamp, color and fussy cut, except the greeting – it is cut with the stitched rectangle framelit:
- 1 medium flower
- 1 small flower, put a yellow center in the flower to match the rest of the flowers; if you don’t have a dot, punch a bit of yellow with a 1/8″ hole punch
- 4 single leaves – two for the front flower, two for the inside flower in the box
- 3 six leaf stems – Color outside the lines with your Stampin’ Blend and fussy cut to leave green around the black
- 1 multi flower stem
- Greeting – leave a 1 1/4″ X 1 3/4″ corner of the sheet to stamp Happy Birthday (or grab another scrap of white)
Window Sheet for mounting greenery: 1/4″ X 8″ Cut to length for each piece as you fill your box.
Stampin’ Blends – Highland Heather, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Embellishments: Ribbon 7″ X 2; I wrap one ribbon around the top layers, the white and the DSP, and then tie a bow with the other length and adhere with a glue dot. The bow holds the ribbon in place a bit better. It is the retired Sale A Bration organdy ribbon. If you attend the craft sale you might be able to buy some…. hint hint. I also used retired glitter enamel dots. New colors of glitter dots are in the catalog!
Inside Layer: Whisper White 5 1/4″ X 8″ Scored at 4″ but do NOT fold on the score line until after the images are stamped on the left first and then the right hand side of the score line. You need the score line for positioning the stamp.
Box: Whisper White 2″ X 8″; Score at 2″ – 4″ – 6″; Use your cutter and shave 1/16″ off each end; burnish all the score lines really well with your bone folder.
Box Flaps X 2: Gingham Gala DSP, 2 3/4″ X 2″ minus 1/6″ so 1 15/16″ to be technical, score the flaps at 2″ ; fold and use a dimensional to hold the fold in place.
Box Strips X 2: Whisper White 1/2″ X 4″ , score at 1″ and 3″ and yes, shave 1/16″ off the ends. The score line takes room and we need to adjust everything for the score lines by shaving off a bit on the ends. Z fold the strips and burnish your score lines. (That means rub the folds really well!) Now adhere your strips inside your box, one strip just down from the top and the second strip right below the first strip). The penciled words say “Glued Down” to show you where to glue the strips. I used Tear and Tape. Place a second piece of Tear and Tape on the other end of the Z strip facing up, remove the backing and then fold the sides over to perfectly adhere the box to the strips so that your card lays flat.
Now your box should look like this with cross pieces to attach your greenery and flowers. The sides are being held with a yellow sticky note for the picture. When you are through stamping your inside images those two sides will be glued on either side of the score line in the middle of your card. I used Tear and Tape to adhere them.
Put your box aside for now and stamp and color your images with Tuxedo Memento black ink.
Stamp your outside image and your image on the left side of the inside first.
Now stamp the inside mirror image by using the Stamparatus and the plastic sheet from the Stamp A Ma Jig. Secure the plastic sheet to the Stamparatus with magnets and stamp the image twice to get lots of ink. Carefully position your sheet on the right side of the inside layer matching the left image and then burnish really really well with your finger or your bone folder or both! You must hold the sheet firmly with one hand while you burnish with the other so the sheet doesn’t shift and give you a double image. Use the black Stampin’ Up! marker to darken any lines that need it. Memento ink and the marker are water based so you can color the images with the alcohol based Stampin’ Blends without smearing the black. I wish I would have tilted the bottom of the stamp a little more to the right in making my mirror image so that the green leaf was outside the box like the left hand side.
Note: Other mirror image techniques use the silicone sheet, plumber’s gasket or the flat side of a photopolymer stamp. Our flower image was too big for a photopolymer stamp and you can’t see through plumber’s gasket so a silicone sheet or the Stamp A Ma Jig sheet work best. If you don’t have a Stamparatus, place the stamp face up, ink it well and then place the silicone sheet on top of the inked stamp and burnish with your fingers.
The Happy Birthday rectangle greeting is popped up with dimensionals.
The medium flower on the front has two leaves attached with glue dots and then it is popped up so it sits at the edge of the greeting.
The greenery and flower in the box are mounted with glue dots to a 1/4″ strip of window sheet in various lengths and then the window sheet is adhered to the strips with glue dots.
At club, we decided it needed something more so we added butterflies!
Not sure you really want this set? Check out other images on Pinterest and you will be convinced it is worth it! Google “All That You Are”.
Do you like the butterflies? They are from the Sale A Bration Designer Series Paper and punch out with the butterfly punch. I hope you stocked up on this paper!
If you want to send a bouquet of flowers in sympathy for someone passing this is the perfect card with a greeting from the “Kindness and Compassion” stamp set:
Comfort and Healing words are in “Flourishing Phrases”. The greetings go together perfectly and yet are in different sets!
Save June 8th! 9-3.
SAL, Sad At (this products) Leaving
Hello Stamping Friends,
We have another special set of products available to you now and only while supplies last!
The hostess code is D9ZUUB9X if your order is under $150. Club is on November 13 and Joy will be receiving credit through the hostess code for all your orders. Let’s make it great for her first time as our club hostess!
Here is a video from the home office:
“Every new snowflake comes to the earth
As a picture of our Savior’s birth,
Because they are sent from up above
And remind us of God’s care and love.
Each one is so intricate and small
Because Christ sees the details of us all,
And just as two are never the same
The Lord knows and calls us each by name.
Snowflakes gently cover the world in white
And hide what’s unlovely from our sight,
Showing us how He covers our sin
And gives us His grace when we come to Him.
So may every snowflake bring Christ to mind
And in every bit of white may we find
A reason to celebrate anew,
And a reminder of His love for you.
Stamp A Stacks- six cards, two of each design, $25
Please RSVP at least three days prior to the event! Attend 1 or attend all 4 and have 24 Christmas cards. Door prize at each event, thank you gifts and snacks to keep up your energy!
November 27, Tuesday morning, 9:30-12:00
November 30, Friday night, 6:30 – 9:00 (same cards as Tuesday)
December 4, Tuesday morning, 9:30 – 12:00 Three new designs
December 7, Friday night, 6:30- 9:00 (same cards as Tuesday)
December 15, Saturday night, 6:30 – 10:00 Christmas party potluck, Make And Take team challenge, games, prizes
SAL, Sing A Long with carolers this Christmas!
Check out these beautiful cards made by the lovely Linda Cullen:
Hello Stamping Friends,
At midnight tonight, Stampin’ Up! will start a 24 hour party – sale! Grab your catalog and see if any of the stamps are on your wish list. The stamps are listed by page number.
SAL, Sales Addiction Love
Click on the computer to go to online ordering.
Hello Stamping Friends,
One of the most popular sets in the Occasion Catalog is the Barn Door Bundle on page 43. The catalog runs through May 31 but “Product availability may be limited toward the end of the catalog sales period” so don’t wait if this set is on your wish list. Through March 31, spend $50 and get a free Sale A Bration item; this year we even have a level 2 set of free items for purchases of $100. See all the items in the catalog tab.
The hostess code for March is D6PG94AD. This is the code you will use if you place an online order under $150. Over $150 earns you your own hostess rewards!
This set has framelits to cut out the tracks, each little piece of hardware, each flower in the wreath, the set of three flowers and the bow! I think Stampin’ Up! thought of just about every which way you might want to stamp the embellishments. Check out what I made:
The inside uses stamps from two different sets in the Annual Catalog: Wild About Flowers, page 174, and Butterfly Basics, page 149. The ribbon on the front is from the Sale A Bration free Shimmer Ribbon Pack. The sign on the door is created by cutting out the frame in Basic Black with the framelit and then stamping the Hello Sign on Whisper White and cutting out just the Hello with a bit of black border and then popping this up on your black cutout. I liked the Pool Party on Pool Party but there are so many other combinations that look striking – copper hardware on brown or silver hardware on Soft Sky. I would love to see what you create!
To make the card you see here you will need:
- Eight #6 washers from your local hardware store
- Simple Stripes Embossing Folder (pg. 5 of Occasions Catalog) #145648
- Foam Adhesive Strips (pg. 203 of Annual Catalog) #141825; Five 5″ strips; glue dots; mini stampin’ dimensionals
- Inks – Basic Black for Hello, Emerald Envy for leaves, Crushed Curry for flowers, Early Espresso for door and greetings
- Ribbon – 6″ of Pool Party Shimmery Ribbon from Sale A Bration free bundle
- Base – Pool Party 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Top Layer – Pool Party 4″ X 5 1/4″
- Barn Door – Crumb Cake 2 3/4″ X 3 3/4″ The Framelit is 2 1/4″ X 3 5/16″ but give yourself some extra to stamp the door and then cut it down to size
- Hardware & Sign – Basic Black 4 1/2″ X 2″
- Greeting behind the door – Whisper White 4″ X 2 1/4″
- Greeting Inside Card – Whisper White 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Hello Greeting – Whisper White 1 1/2″ X 1 1/2″
- Cut the tracks in your top layer; Center the tracks framelit horizontally but NOT vertically. It is 5/8″ down from the top which makes it about 1/4″ and a hair from the bottom. (Isn’t it great that the two tracks are on one framelit?!)
- Emboss the top layer with the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder positioning an indented stripe directly on the top of the top track so you will have a flat surface where you are trying to glue on the black hardware strip. Check out the picture above.
- Stamp the barn door with Early Espresso Ink and cut it out with the framelit; sponge the edges for a bit of shadow
- Cut out the black hardware and sign – two rollers for the top of the door, one long black strip, the door handle and the sign
- Glue on the long black strip. I used tombow liquid glue.
- Place a washer beneath the top track and bottom track at the far left side of each track. Put a mini dimensional on top of the washers then place another washer on top of the mini dimensionals. You should have one washer underneath the cardstock, the dimensional then a washer on top of the cardstock.
- Position two more washers at the far right side of each track and do the same layering: washer-mini dimensional-washer.
- Put two glue dots on the top of the four layered washers
- With two washers pushed as far left as they will go, position your barn door and press the left side of the door onto the glue dots
- Making sure the other two washers are pushed as far right as they will go, slide the barn door to the right and press onto the glue dots
- Mount your top layer to your card base with the foam adhesive strips. One strip should be placed above and below each of the tracks and one strip right in the middle- so five 5″ strips are used.
- Take your Whisper White 4″ X 2 1/4″ greeting piece and temporarily place it under the door. Slide the door to the left and make a light pencil mark to show where your edge will be when stamping. Slide the door to the right and mark the edge for the other side. Hint: If making multiples use a large acrylic block to mount both the left and right greeting on the one block and you can stamp without remarking the edges each time.
- Stamp your greetings. Note: The Whisper White greeting piece could be larger or smaller depending on your choice of greetings- just be sure to attach the door to the washers further out or further in on the door as needed to cover the greetings. You will see several different sizes on Youtube for this greeting piece. The key is the door placement on the washers so it covers the greetings.
- Glue your greeting behind the door. I used Tombow so it didn’t stick before it was in position.
- Glue the rollers to the door only at the bottom. It is an illusion that they are attached at the top and rolling along the track.
- Glue the handle.
- Make the Hello Sign by stamping the sign on Whisper White and then fussy cut the “hello” with a bit of black border and pop this up on the black sign cut out with the framelit and Basic Black cardstock. Attach the sign with a glue dot and then attach a little bow on top with another glue dot.
- Stamp your inside greeting and your name on the back.
- Decorate your envelope – no naked envelopes in the mail!
- Stamp and send!!
PARTY AT MY HOUSE
We will be making this card and the Blossoming Basket card (see the previous post) at my house here in Castle Rock on March 14 (rescheduled from March 10). I would love to have you join us. We will start at 9:00 and have a light lunch about 11:30. RSVP by Sunday, March 11. It’s a standard party with a door prize, thank you gifts, snacks and chocolate. There is no charge but catalogs will be available for shopping or taking home to shop later.
CALL TO CLUB
Would you like to join a Stampin’ Up! club and have fun with others while learning how to use new techniques, fancy folds, awesome products or clean and simple cards? In the past we had club every other month and commitments from six members who had the privilege of being the hostess (and earning free products) along with the responsibility of a light lunch or breakfast. Join me to discuss club details and make the Magic Shutter Card. We will discuss what day of the week to meet, what time, and most importantly – when do we start! I will answer questions and we will go over the responsibilities of the hostess for each club. I am thinking we need one Saturday club every other month and one weekday club every other month but it all depends on you.
When: Saturday, March 24, 10:00-12:00 (snacks and lunch provided)
Where: My House – 4143 Eagle Ridge Way, Castle Rock
What: Discussion and sign up for clubs
RSVP: Please RSVP by March 21. If you can’t attend but would like to join a club, send me a list of what you would like in a club – what day of the week, what time, what type etc.
PAPER PUMPKIN PARTY
Paper Pumpkin is a monthly crafting kit sent directly to your home. It has everything you need to make cards or other cool gifts. March is a special celebration of Paper Pumpkin’s fifth year in production! There will be a special box and a gift in the box to accompany the regular kit. You must subscribe by the 10th of March to receive the special kit. The cost is $19.95 plus tax or buy online and you can get three months for $59 and a free Sale A Bration product. Check out the video here:
Let’s make our kits together!
When: Wednesday, March 28, 9:30 – 11:30 (snacks provided)
Where: My House – 4143 Eagle Ridge Way, Castle Rock
RSVP: Tuesday, March 27. I have no card kits to make but it helps to know you are coming.
Contact me with questions about any of the above.
SAL, Shop A Little – click on the computer image to go to my online store
Hello Stamping Friends,
We have more than just Black Friday! We call it Online Extravaganza and it begins today, November 20, with a special flash sale! There are sales right now through November 26 and then on November 27th there will be another special 24 hour sale! Check back later for that sale.
Use hostess code ZQEYYZXM if your order is under $150 and this month’s hostess will get credit. With an order of $150 or over you will get the free hostess dollars to spend as you wish for even more goodies!
SAL (Shop A Little, Shop A Lot!)
Hello Stamping Friends,
Time will fly by between now and the holidays so let’s get prepared for our Christmas card making! Stampin’ Up! has helped us out by releasing one of their new bundles from the upcoming catalog. The catalog goes live on September 1 but this bundle is available now!
Check out this video from the home office that showcases this stamp set and the thinlits that go with the set:
The first Christmas Card Buffet is Saturday, August 26 and we will be using this set for one of the six card designs.
This year’s Christmas Card Buffets will be at my house in Castle Rock. I will hold one a month on a Saturday for the next four months and there will be three sessions each day:
– Morning 9-12
– Limit of six guests per session. (Of course you may sign up for more than one.)
-Six different card designs from which to choose; shoebox style buffet where
everything to make your card is in a tray that you take to a table to construct
your cards, then exchange it for another style from the buffet and craft away!
-$5 fee for each session includes light meal, raffle ticket for door prize, thank you
gift (and chocolate)! (Different thank you gifts and door prizes at each session.)
-Card kits to purchase (bring your own scissors and adhesives):
– $5 for one card
– $8 for two cards of same design
– $10 for three cards of same design.
In a three hour session most stampers can complete three different designs with two of each. Some do the stamping and cutting here and put them together at home.
Join us each Saturday but please RSVP so I have the previous weekend to prepare:
– August 26 RSVP by Friday, August 18
-September 16 RSVP by Friday, September 8
-October 21 RSVP by Friday, October 13
-November 18 RSVP by Friday, November 10
With three sessions once a month you can create handmade Christmas cards for many of your friends and family.
RSVP by emailing me at email@example.com or text me at 303-815-0838.
Hope to hear from you soon! Click for a printable flyer to post on your fridge….Christmas Buffet
SAL, (Save A Lot of sessions)