Home » Specials
Category Archives: Specials
Hostess Code: FPDMJ4X9
Hello Stamping Friends,
It’s an Elfie day in the neighborhood, an Elfie day in the neighborhood, won’t you be my neighbor!
Yup! Elfie from my head to my toes! Ruger was the cutest elf of all!
‘#Elfie’ is a super cute stamp set (page 22 of the 2019 Holiday catalog). I am casing Michelle Andrews and the diorama card she posted on her blog: www.stamppraylove.blogspot.com. I changed the coloring and positioning and added puff paint to the bobbles on their shoes and hat. I used the ‘Birch’ background stamp set to add a faux wood frame look. The little elf in the stocking would be great on the back of the card but I can only expect my club to do so much fussy cutting.
The greetings on the front and back come from the ‘Perfectly Plaid’ stamp set on page 14 of the 2019 Holiday catalog.
- Base: Crumb Cake 4 1/4 X 11; Score at 5/8, 5 3/8, 6, 10 3/4, Use 3rd largest rectangle framelit to cut the front. Mask each section of the base and stamp with Soft Suede ink using the ‘Birch’ background stamp. Stamp the front and back greetings using Shaded Spruce ink. The Stamparatus helps you stamp the greetings and restamp them to get nice dark green images. Burnish all the score lines really well to assure the card moves well and lays flat.
- Back of the Diorama: Pool Party, 4 3/4 minus 1/16 (4 11/16) to allow for score lines X 4 1/4, stamp snowflakes in Pool Party Ink and adhere snowflake sequins.
- Elves: Whisper White, 4 1/4 X 5 1/2, Stamp in Memento Ink and color with Stampin’ Blends. Fussy Cut. Use a blender pen to dip in Pool Party ink and color the area between the elf and the Christmas ornament. Glue a strip of whisper white on the back of the two tall pieces for stability.
- Snow Mounds: Thick Whisper White, Make 2: 5 1/4 X 2 1/4; creatively cut a large right hand mound and a smaller left hand mound. Score each side of the mounds 1/4″ . Make a template and you can quickly cut out the snow mounds for each card kit.
The rectangle cutout uses the 3rd largest die in the Rectangle Stitched Framelits. It is 1/2″ down from the top leaving about 3/4″ on the bottom for your greeting. I was able to stamp the three elves and the package on one 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 ( 1/4 of a sheet) whisper white. I cut two little strips 1/4 X 4 to adhere to the back of the long elf images for a bit more stability. The snow mound on the left is 1 3/4″ at the peak and goes in front of the right hand snow mound which measures 2″ at the peak.
The snow mounds are glued together to make a box of sorts.
The snow mound “box” is decorated with elves and snow. Glue the elves to the snow mounds before adding snow. Make sure nothing is adhered to the pool party background or the card will not lie flat to go in an envelope. Burnish each fold really well to help the card move. Cut around the elbows of the ‘No Peeking’ elf and don’t cut off the words. The elbows go over the front frame and the words give you a tab to glue to the back of the frame. Likewise with the package – cut a little tab at the bottom to use for gluing to the front of the frame.
The Holiday catalog has ‘Shimmery Crystal Effects’ on page 41 which you will use to adhere the ‘Ice Stampin’ Glitter’ (same page). It is most remarkable how the Crystal Effects holds the glitter and so cool how sparkly the ice glitter looks! The puff paint (page 19) is so fun to add to the hats and shoes of the elves! We learned to hold the bottle almost horizontally and let gravity do as much of the work as possible instead of squeezing the bottle. The background is pool party stamped in pool party ink with the snowflake stamp set in ‘#Elfie’. The little teensy tiny snowflakes are from the ‘Snowflake Sequins’ on page 43 of the 2019 Holiday Catalog. (Or you may have some left from the October Paper Pumpkin).
Place ‘Tear and Tape’ on the outside edges of your snow mound box and adhere to the base in the middle on the right side. This leaves about 1/8″ on each side of the base. When you adhere the other side which has the seam, place tear and tape on the seam and then fold the right hand side over the tape to insure the box will lie flat. This is a view from the bottom:
That was a lot of directions. This is when I wish I made Youtube videos. Maybe next year……
Now that we know how to make diorama cards just imagine what other stamp sets we can use. My inspiration came from Lucille who had the absolute cutest little diorama card with doggies. Hmmm…….snowmen next – or deer??
The new hostess code is FPDMJ4X9 and Stampin’ Up! is going to have a three day Extravaganza sale November 20-22.
Click HERE if you would like a printable pdf.
It’s an Elfie day in the neighborhood – won’t you be my customer? Contact me if you have questions or need a catalog. You can also go to the catalog tab at the top of the blog to see all the catalogs.
SAL, Silly And Loving it
Hello Stamping Friends,
For 24 hours only:
October Stamp A Stack:
Here are pictures of the cards we made at the October Stamp A Stack. If you have questions leave your requests in the comment section.
Still Scenes Snow Globe
Still Scenes Snow Globe with Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper on a layer of Seaside Spray and a cardbase of Thick Whisper White. The banner and base background are Night of Navy. The greetings are from the retired Bells and Boughs stamp set and the retired Farmhouse Christmas.
TIP: Make yourself a template out of cardstock and you can cut multiples quickly:
- Base: Whisper White 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 Scored at 4 1/4
- 1st Layer and inside: Make 2; Seaside Spray 5 1/4 X 4
- 2nd Layer: Frost DSP 5 1/8 X 3 7/8
- Inside Top Layer: Whisper White 5 1/8 X 3 7/8
- House: Whisper White 2 1/2 X 2 1/2, Stamp in Memento ink and color with Stampin’ Blends
- Snow Globe Base: Night of Navy 3 X 1 3/4
- Snow Globe Base top layer: Silver Foil 3 X 1 3/4, Tip: attach to adhesive sheet then run through Big Shot
- Banner: Night of Navy 1″ (minus a hair) X 4″ Punch with Banner Triple Punch
- Embellishments: 8″ ribbon and three silver foil punch dots punched with hand held punch
- Snow: A little bit of Ice Stampin’ Glitter with a few of the Snowflake Sequins
Shrinky Dink Cardinal on Seasonal Wreath
Seasonal Wreath 3D embossing folder with Shrinky Dink Cardinal from Toile Christmas stamp set & Christmas Cardinal Dies. Strips of Red Glimmer Paper are scotch taped to the back of the top layer and the entire top layer is popped up on a Thick Whisper White base.
- Base: Thick Whisper White 4 1/4 X 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Wreath: Whisper White, 3 15/16 (4″ minus a hair) X 5 1/2, emboss with Seasonal Wreath Embossing Folder
- Strips of Red Glimmer Paper: Make 2; 3/8 X 5 1/2; use scotch tape to adhere to the back of the embossed wreath
- Cardinal: Clear Shrinky Dink paper, 2 5/8 X 5; Stamp cardinal with Staz On ink and color the back with alcohol markers
- Banner: Whisper White 1 1/2 X 3 1/2 Stamp greeting with Real Red Ink
- Inside Frame: Red Glimmer Paper, 3 1/8 X 3 1/8, Use circle framelit to cut circle. The two Christmas Cardinal Scrolly dies can be cut from the inside of the red glimmer paper circle
- Inside top greeting: 2 3/4 X 2 3/4 cut with one size smaller circle. I used circles 5 & 6 in the retired circles.
- Branches: Whisper White 3 X 3, Cut two large and two small branches. Place 4 glue dots in the bottom middle of the wreath and layer: one large to right, one to left, one glimmer paper scrolly die to left, one scrolly die to right touching in the middle to look like one, one small branch to the left and one small branch right about the middle to cover all the glue dots. Use glue dots to place the cardinal above the branches so he looks like he is sitting on the red glimmer scrolly.
- Embellish the wreath with red glimmer dots.
Noble Peacock Foil Christmas
This card uses the Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Series Paper with Noble Peacock Foil Sheets cut with the Detailed Bands dies and layered on an oval of Bermuda Bay. The top layer of DSP is bordered with a strip of black foil paper and another black foil strip is cut out with one of the Detailed Bands dies for the inside. The Merry Christmas is a separate piece that is popped up with dimensionals. The card base is Bermuda Bay. The outside Merry Christmas is actually a sticker I picked up from a Krazy Creations craft booth several years ago. The inside greeting is from the “Timeless Tidings” stamp set that was just recently in the clearance rack.
For those who felt the colors were better for a birthday card, the “Band Together” stamp set that is bundled with the “Detailed Bands Dies” (page 121) has a perfect birthday greeting that fits perfectly on the cut out center and was easily embossed with black embossing powder to tie to the overall shiny look of the foils. The inside greeting is from the current “Country Home” stamp set.
- Base: Bermuda Bay 5 1/2 X 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- 1st Layer: Peacock DSP 3 7/8 X 5 1/2
- Strip to border 1st Layer: Black Foil 1/2 X 5 1/2
- Strip at top of inside: Black Foil 1 X 5 1/2 , cut with Detailed Bands Die
- Greeting Layer 1: Bermuda Bay die cut oval 2 1/2 X 3 1/2
- Greeting Layer 2: Turquoise Peacock Foil die cut with Detailed Bands die, trim edges so it covers from the black to the right edge, adhere directly to oval
- Greeting Layer 3: The Detailed Bands Die gives a great cut out to stamp a greeting and pop up with dimensionals
- Embellish: I used 9″ of turquoise sequin ribbon and loops of black thread to adhere behind the oval before gluing the oval directly to the DSP. Two Noble Peacock Rhinestones completed the card.
K-Cup Thank You Gift
For a little thank you gift I made a K-cup holder sitting on top of a pumpkin spice latte mix, the little squiggle below the thank you is in the “A Big Thank You” stamp set:
- Long Strip: Pumpkin Pie, 2″ X 12″ Score at 5″ and 7″ ( Tip: score at 5″ and turn and score other side at 5″), punch each end with Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.
- Inside Box: Early Espresso 3 15/16 X 3 15/16 ( 4 X 4 minus a hair on each side)
- Score each side at 1” and then make tabs at every other corner by cutting 1″ from the corner to the score line. Cut the tabs at an angle to make them easier to adhere. Use Tear and Tape to adhere sides.
- DSP: Make 2: 1 3/4 X 4 1/4
- DSP: Make 2: 1 3/4 X 7/8 (sides of the box)
The next Christmas card Stamp A Stack is scheduled for Wednesday, December 4th, and Saturday, December 7th, at 9:30 here at my house. RSVP by November 25 please!
SAL, Sales Are Looming
Hello Stamping Friends,
The clearance rack has been stocked with new items – up to 60% off on some! Click on the red to visit!
That is generally true, Sal, but the home office wanted our customers to know about the coordinating kits so they are letting the cat out of the bag- or puppies out of the box in this case! Click on the Paper Pumpkin image to go to the site and sign up!
Stampin’ Up! is also offering special grid paper for Paper Pumpkin coordinating with their new slogan that Paper Pumpkin is “better than a box full of puppies” ! Click to see the video .
And while supplies last we have a smaller grid sheet with a holiday tone:
Click on either image to learn more.
Don’t forget the paper special through the end of this month:
Last but not least in our plethora of announcements – we have an upgraded website! If you have bookmarked my website – not the blog – you will get an error message when you try to access it and it will say it is not secure. That is not true – it is actually more secure than before. The new link eliminates the “www” on the front but the rest remains the same, so click here and take a look at the new website: karendecker.stampinup.net
That is true. That link goes directly to my Stampin’ Up site but our stamping friends may have bookmarked the old one with the “www” before you were introduced! So friends, if you are following my blog and access the website through it, you shouldn’t have a problem.
SAL, Sending Announcements Lovingly
Hello Stamping Friends,
Isn’t it beautiful? Just click on the image to look inside. There are snowmen and cardinals and a mini curvy keepsake box like you see here on the front, and inside there are Shimmery Crystal Effects, Snow Glitter, White Puff Paint, a Punch for the Snowman and a Moose Punch and ribbon galore and Penguins and…
Thanks, Sal, I do get carried away with all the exciting new products. Did I tell you about the white satiny ribbon with Merry Christmas printed on it and……
Well! The catalog starts today and runs through January 2 of 2020. It will be in my catalog tab if you are ever out and about without a catalog and someone asks you about those cool penguins or …. oops there I go again. Contact me if you need a catalog.
Through September 30 you can save on Designer Series Paper in the Annual Catalog:
Click on the image to go to the Paper Pumpkin site!
Now let’s get in the mood for the holidays with a short video from the home office! (Click ‘cancel’ after it plays or you will be lost for the next hours in youtube videos and I want you to come back and see examples from the catalog!)
There are many products to make halloween fun:
And wreaths for Thanksgiving:
and wreaths for Christmas:
And Snowmen (with a punch):
Did I mention penguins?
And gingerbread houses: (come to my club next week on Wednesday or Saturday and we will be making this-details below):
And candles with scripture:
And snow globes:
And moose- with a punch, ahhh…look at that cute raccoon:
And frosted nontraditional colors:
At the inside of the back cover of the catalog is a new set that you can buy to “Make A Difference” in our world. Stampin’ Up! will give $3 of every purchase to a Mental Health Organization.
And that, my stampin’ friends, is just the tip of the iceberg!
I have club next week on Wednesday and Saturday and guests are always welcome for a $5 fee or $25 order. Just RSVP please.
Wednesday’s hostess code, with Cindy as our hostess, is: 7SN9PKF9
Saturday’s hostess code, with Terri as our hostess, is: YRE36GMT
October 9th and 12th we will have our next Christmas Stamp A Stack starting at 9:30 each day. You will make six cards, two each of three designs, for $20. There are snacks and thank you gifts and lots of help if you are a new stamper. RSVP by October 1st, please.
I forgot to tell you about the fun kits in the catalog and the black dimensionals and……
Okay, Sal. Click on Sal in the computer to go to the store and order, or click on the calendar to see events.
SAL, Sayonara At Last
Karen (Thanks for visiting!)
Hello Stamping Friends,
What a flurry of sales we have had over the last six days and today is the last day for the final sale on Tools and Inks.
Select Adhesives, Applicators, Cleaners, Cutting Tools, Embossing Folders, Framelits and Thinlits, Ink Pads, Ink Refills, Markers, Punches, Scoring Tools, Stamp Blocks and Cases are 10% off through 11:50 pm tonight. Click Here to view.
I will be submitting an order using the hostess code TJPDW3JC at 7:00 tonight. If you would like to join me in getting a discount on these sale items submit your order before 7:00 pm using the hostess code.
There are only three days left for the Snowflake Showcase set of products. It is only available through November 30.
My first of four Stamp A Stacks was yesterday and we used the Snowfall Thinlits and the Snow is Glistening stamp set to make this floating card I cased from ‘Stampin’ With Glittermum’ adding glitter enamel dots and a unique inside.
The Glitter Enamel Dots (#146934) page 197 in the annual catalog are perfect for the centers!
I made the inside a folded card for a ‘card inside a card’, stamping the greeting on the front, under the top panel, and then overstamping with the snowflake dots stamp in the set.
Snowflake Poem printable pdf file
Click the blue to download a printable pdf file with two poems. Print the file on 8 1/2 X 11 Whisper White cardstock and trim the left side 1/2″. Trim each poem to 5 1/4″ long and score at 4″. Your inside card should be 8″ X 5 1/4″.
- Base is Gorgeous Grape (Bermuda Bay): 7 1/4″ X 4 1/4″, Scored at 5 1/2″. I started by cutting the cardstock in half the long way 11″ X 4 1/4″ and then made the 7 1/4″ cut using the rest for two of the three panels needed.
- 3 panels in Gorgeous Grape (Bermuda Bay): 4 1/4″ X 1 3/4″, One panel will attach to the front of the window sheet and two panels will attach to the back of the front to cover the tape on the window sheet.
- Window Sheet: 4 1/4″ X 3″, place a piece of Tear and Tape on the top and on the bottom of the Window Sheet. Remove the backing from just the bottom tape on the Window Sheet and attach the Window Sheet to the back of a panel. Line up the panel even with the very bottom of the card, remove the top tape backing on the window sheet and fold the top of the card base over the window sheet. Adhere the other two panels to the back of the front covering the window sheet but being careful to keep the panels in line with the base of the card.
- 2 coordinating panel layers in Highland Heather (Coastal Cabana) : 4 X 1 1/2″ , adhere to front
- 2 top panel layers in Whisper White: 3 3/4″ X 1 1/4″, We will make our own Designer Series Paper. Using the little multiple snowflake stamp, stamp randomly in the darker ink, then stamp the larger single snowflake in the lighter ink and finish off with filling in any blanks with the tiny single snowflake in the lighter ink. Hint: place the two panels next to each other on your grid sheet to stamp them at the same time.
- 2 large snowflakes in Highland Heather (Coastal Cabana): 8 1/2″ X 3 1/2″, Cut two snowflakes with the largest thinlit and use Tombow liquid glue to adhere one snowflake to the front middle of the Window Sheet,; Tombow gives you the ability to adjust the snowflake to center it top and bottom. When you are satisfied with the placement, hold the snowflake in place for a bit since it won’t adhere immediately to the window sheet. Attach the second snowflake to the back of the window sheet lining it up with the front snowflake.
- 1 Sparkle snowflake: 2″ X 2″, use Sparkle Glimmer Paper and the medium thinlit to cut a sparkly snowflake. Use Tombow glue to dot the back of the snowflake – count to 10 and then adhere to the large snowflake. Waiting a few seconds keeps the glue from gushing out when you adhere your piece. Attach a matching Glitter Enamel Dot in the center.
- The center panel is Whisper White: 8″ X 5 1/4″ scored at 4″ for an inside card in a card or 4″ X 5 1/4″ for a flat inside.
Be sure you stamp your greeting and sign your name under the panels of the card not under the window sheet.
You may never need another snowflake stamp if you purchase this set with its various sizes. The thinlits even have an attached set of snowflakes for a fun flurry! Purchase by Friday, November 30!
The second card at my Stamp A Stack I will call Comfort & Joy cased somewhat from someone on Pinterest:
Timeless Tidings (#148936) is the stamp set I used for the greetings. It can be seen on page 33 of the Holiday catalog. The greetings are beautiful and I love the mixture of fonts in small and large sizes!
- Base – Call Me Clover: 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Top Layer – Whisper White: 4 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ embossed with the Seasonal Wreath Embossing Folder (#146833)
- Two strips of Silver Foil Paper: 4 3/8″ X 1/2″ (the extra 1/8 gives you ease in lining it up under the Whisper White layer- just clip off the excess). I used Tombow again on the back of the white layer and then laid it on the silver strip, top and bottom.
- Flowers: 3/4″ X 4″ Silver Foil,and 3/4″ X 4″ Sparkle glimmer paper. Cut six of each with the thinits from the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies. There are three flower dies of the same size so you only have to run them twice on each paper strip to get six flowers. Adhere with glue dots offsetting slightly to leave a shadow of silver behind the sparkle flower. Add a red rhinestone (#146924) to the top pushing the rhinestone firmly into the glitter paper.
- Bow: 1/8″ Real Red Ribbon (#144631), 10″ trimmed as needed
The Stamparatus worked great for stamping the Merry Christmas with the green ink multiple times to get a dark image.
The third card I cased from Donna Ross at Stamped Sophisticates just changing out the greeting to use the Farmhouse Christmas stamp set greeting(#148478). It is on page 13 of the Holiday Catalog. The Farmhouse Framelits Dies that match the set (10% off if you bundle them) has a stitched banner framelit used here for the Merry Christmas cut out. The little gold bows are also in the Farmhouse framelit set.
It is so much prettier in real life with the All Is Bright Designer Series Paper (#147892) a beautiful, realistic print with deep green and bright red colors. I used the Timeless Tidings set again for the inside greeting which matched the font in the front greeting from Farmhouse Merry Christmas!
- Base – Garden Green: 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- First Layer and inside layer – Old Olive: 5 1/4″ X 4″ – make 2
- Second Layer Outside – All Is Bright Designer Series Paper: 5″ X 3 3/4″
- Inside Second Layer – Very Vanilla: 5″ X 3 3/4″, the Designer Series Paper strips will be glued to this
- Designer Series Paper Strips for inside: 5/8″ X 5″ (or use my trick of making it 5 1/8″ long and then clip the ends)
- Greeting – Very Vanilla: 6″ X 3″, Stamp the greeting once in Real Red, Clean, Stamp again in Garden Green. Cut out the Garden Green greeting with the 2 3/8″ Stitched Shapes circle framelit. Cut out the Merry Christmas in Real Red with the stitched banner in the Farmhouse Framelits.
- Gold Base of the greeting – gold foil paper: 3 3/4″ X 3 1/4″ , Cut out with the Stitched Labels Framelit(#146828) see on page 17 and on page 220 of the Annual Catalog. Pop up each piece of the greeting – the gold is popped up, then the circle is popped up and the banner is popped up.
- With the scrap gold foil you have left over, use the Farmhouse little bows framelit and cut out three gold bows. Adhere two to the greeting and one to the inside.
I still have a couple of spots left at next Tuesday morning and Friday evening Stamp A Stacks- 9:30 Tuesday, 6:30 Friday. I will have three new designs and you will make two of each design for a total of six cards at a cost of $25. Goodies, door prizes and thank you gifts always appear! I need RSVPs by Saturday at the latest.
Check out the sales, check out the Clearance Rack and save! Again the hostess code through 7:00 tonight is TJPDW3JC.
SAL, Save A Lot
Hello Stamping Friends,
At midnight tonight, Stampin’ Up! will start a 24 hour party – sale! Grab your catalog and see if any of the stamps are on your wish list. The stamps are listed by page number.
SAL, Sales Addiction Love
Click on the computer to go to online ordering.
Hello Stamping Friends,
Today at 2:00 Mountain Time the second reservation window opens for the Stamparatus. The window will stay open through December and the Stamparatus will be shipped in the order of reservations received. Shipping begins mid-March and your credit card will not be charged until the item ships.
At 2:00 or after you will need to go to your online store and click on the banner advertising the Stamparatus. You will enter your credit card number and be in line to receive the amazing Stamparatus.
Get the items you love now before they are gone! Every $50 or more order receives a thank you gift from me when you use hostess code TRSWNNDN. Orders over $150 earn hostess dollars to spend on anything you would like.
Do you still need a gift for someone? Consider a prepaid Paper Pumpkin Subscription.
Thank you for your continued support!
SAL, (Sing A Lovely carol this month)
Hello Stamping Friends,
We have more than just Black Friday! We call it Online Extravaganza and it begins today, November 20, with a special flash sale! There are sales right now through November 26 and then on November 27th there will be another special 24 hour sale! Check back later for that sale.
Use hostess code ZQEYYZXM if your order is under $150 and this month’s hostess will get credit. With an order of $150 or over you will get the free hostess dollars to spend as you wish for even more goodies!
SAL (Shop A Little, Shop A Lot!)