Hello Stamping Friends,
Our current hostess code is FCGZVMVE and Joy is our online party hostess if you would like to order.
Next Saturday, the 23rd, is our Make a Kit party day and Terri’s code for ordering a kit is MKATNKJV. Join us at 10:00 with your kit or a Paper Pumpkin. Order today to receive your kit in time.
Finally, February 15 is here with its second offering of free Sale A Bration products with a $50 or $100 order. This is the official brochure and I will add it to the catalog page. Click on the image to download the pdf (or just keep scrolling.)
Let’s take a look at the products up close and personal:
Here’s my favorite:
And here is a bundle free with a $100 purchase:
The home office shows it best with a video:
WHAT! Did you see that fine print? There are framelits to go with this? Yes! And with many of the other Sale A Bration products as well. We just have to wait another two weeks.
I love the one stamp: “Because Adulting Is Hard”; of course it would be nice to have “Easter Wishes”, “Christmas Wishes”, “New Year’s Wishes” and “Birthday Wishes” for greetings, as well as having stamps that add to the ‘Hello Cupcake’ set and the frogs in ‘So Hoppy Together’. I have had occasions I needed to say “Thanks for hopping by”, “Thanks For Jumping In”, or “Leaping for joy is easy to do…when I have a friend as amazing as you”. I could use the Bravery greeting right now for someone going through a really tough time. Sigh….I think I just sold myself on this set I told myself I didn’t need!!
Order online from me outside of club parties using the hostess code FCGZVMVE and receive a free embellishment for your crafting pleasure! If your order hits $150 (whew, three Sale A Bration products earned) don’t use the hostess code since you will get 10% of your order total in hostess dollars to spend on anything you please. Want to party with us at club?
Club members have a fun day making a technique sheet and a special card. I have Tuesday morning and Saturday morning clubs that meet every other month. March is our last rotation for the past year and we will be planning new rotations starting in May. We need more members so consider joining and having fun with fellow crafters! Try club out on Saturday, March 9 at 10:00am or Tuesday, March 12 at 9:00am. Text me at 303-815-0838 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
At January’s club I taught the Shrinky Dink technique using the humming bird in the ‘Humming Along’ set, page 36 of the Occasions catalog, # 148758. The paper is our ‘Petal Promenade’ Designer Series Paper in the Annual Catalog page 190, #146913. It has sheets of paper with realistic little images to cut out like I have done here. The greeting is from ‘A Big Thank You’ in the Annual Catalog page 122, #147377.
The technique sheet is 6″ X 6″, perfect for putting in a photo album of that size for future reference.
I have some Valentines to post, since it is the day after the party and I won’t spoil the surprise, so I will sign off this post and begin another.
SAL, (Shrink Anything Large)
Karen – Click on little SAL to order
Hello Stamping Friends and Happy Valentines Day!!
(Hostess code for Terri’s kit party February 23 at 10:00am : MKATNKJV)
(Hostess code for Joy’s online party: FCGZVMVE)
I hope you have wonderful plans to celebrate all the loves of your life next week. How about celebrating our “LOVE” of stamping?
At club last month I gave the stampers a card base with a special trifold and then had lots of the new designer paper, the new stamp sets and dies offered in the Occasions catalog and the free foil paper from Sale A Bration available for them to use and design their own Valentine! The results were amazing!
I cut and stamped the Meant To Be stamps with the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies so we could see all the wonderful things we could make. The All My Love Designer Series Paper (DSP) even has one side with hearts that exactly match the framelits. Can you tell which ones are from the DSP and which ones are stamped? What a great bundle this is for many occasions. Check out page 6 of the Occasions catalog.
The card bases were a fun trifold layered with DSP from All My Love Designer Paper.
- Card Base: 11″ X 5 1/2″; Score at 1 1/4″ then 4″ then 6 3/4″
- DSP (X2) for front flaps: 1″ X 5 1/4″
- Coordinating DSP for next flap: 2 1/2″ X 5 1/4″
- Whisper White Message Panel: 2 1/2″ X 5 1/4″ (If Whisper White is your base, cut a coordinating DSP first with these measurements and then make a Whisper White Panel that is 2 1/4″ X 5″
- DSP Panel on the right side matching DSP of the front panels: 4″ X 5 1/4″
Now the fun begins! Check out these beautiful valentines my club ladies created:
Valentine 1 by Joy:
Valentine 2 by Jo:
Valentine 3 by Terri:
Terri used the Lovely Lipstick foil. I missed the closed version of her card.
Valentine 4 by Lucille:
I love how she mounted the foil on a white background and used the little flourish and a heart in the middle!
Valentine #5 by —-:
How creative to pull in the color of the DSP with ribbon and to layer a DSP heart on a white heart!
Valentine #6 by Sharon:
The little Heart Epoxy Droplets pick up the color of the shiny foil beautifully. See page 5, item # 148583. The little flowers she used are the Frosted Flower Embellishments on page 11, item #148782.
Valentine #7 by —–:
Check out the embossed heart embellished with a flourish and the top little stamped heart holds the front flap down.
Valentine #8 by Christine:
I love how Christine placed the red outline of the heart so it perfectly matched her front white heart.
Valentine 9 by —–:
The white on the DSP is lovely and there is a plethora of hearts from the one framelit!
Valentine 10 by —-
Look at how she used the Crumb Cake to stamp the greeting and the heart so everything coordinates!
Help me with names dear stamping friends. Send me a comment with which numbered Valentine is yours and I will update the post. After all, it will be sort of a scrapbook for us.
Next post I will share the Shrinky Dink fun that we had for our club technique as well as the new Sale A Bration free products that will be available February 15 and the coordinating products we can purchase March 1 to go with many of the free stamp sets.
This is the Christmas card we made in 2017 with the same folds:
The DSP used here is retired but the stamp set and framelits are still available!! See page 102 of the Annual Catalog for the Ready For Christmas stamp set and the Christmas Staircase thinlits dies on page 216. There is a little Dachshund in this set so it was a must have for me! Check out the other trifold card we made with this set at the card buffet:
I think I started down a rabbit trail, one trifold leading to another and then to another! Thank you for stopping by!
I have a couple people interested in doing a monthly or bimonthly Christmas Card Stamp A Stack starting now so we have lots of cards made by November. Leave me a comment if you are interested.
Shop online and get a free Sale A Bration product for each $50 or $100 spent! Click on SAL and he will take you to the online site.
Hello Stamping Friends,
I have great news! The Stitched Seasons Framelits Dies are in the Clearance Rack:
These framelits and a matching stamp set were offered in August for a limited time and I held a class for those who purchased the bundle.
Check out the previous post – HERE
Even though the stamp set is not available the shaped and stitched framelits are great and we have many flower and leaf stamps that will work with the framelits. Even the little bell framelit could be cut out and drawn and colored in without having the stamp set.
Christmas card: thanks to Tami White stampwithtami.com
- Card Base – Real Red 4 1/4″ X 11″ (the long way); don’t score until you cut. Line base up at 5 1/2″ and cut from top 2 1/2″ down then turn and cut 1 3/4″ over. Score the remainder at 5 1/2″.
- Inside – Whisper White 4″ X 5 1/4″ run through the Big Shot with the Tufted Embossing Folder
- Designer Series Paper – make 2 – 5 1/4″ X 1 1/2″
- Whisper White Frames: – Large 5 1/2″ X 4″, Medium 4 1/2″ X 3 1/2″ , Small 3 1/2″ X 3″
- Gold Foil Bow – 1 1/2″ X 3″
The large frame is glued directly to the front panel, then the medium frame is popped up on it. The small frame is popped up in the middle on the tufted layer. The inside greeting is from the Dashing Deer stamp set in the Holiday Catalog which carries over to the new year, YAY!
Spring Card: Thanks to Linda Cullen at craftystampin.com
- Card Base – Whisper White 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″
- First Layer – Make 2 – Highland Heather 5 1/4″ X 4″ Use the Big Shot embossing mats(see page 221) to emboss the stitched image of the largest framelit for the outside layer
- Top Layer outside – Whisper White – Medium Framelit – 4 1/2″ X 3 1/2″
- Top Layer inside – Whisper White – 5 1/4″ X 4″ Cut out with largest framelit and add another fun cutout like the above Happy Birthday thinlit #143700 or the Pretty Label Punch #143715 stamped with the greeting from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set (page 114)
- Leaves – Granny Apple Green – 1 3/4″ X 3″
- Bow – 1/4″ mini striped Gorgeous Grape #146940 – 10″
- Glitter Enamel Dots #146934 (my new favorite embellishment!)
Fall Card: Thanks to Kay Kalthoff at stampingtoshare
This card uses designer series paper (DSP) in such a way that you see both sides of the paper. What a concept! You will want to remember these cuts when you have a DSP that you can’t decide which side to use because both sides are beautiful. Show off both sides like this!
- Base – Cajun Craze 5 1/4″ X 5 1/2″ Score the 5 1/4 side at 4 1/4″ making a 1″ flap
- DSP layer – Nature’s Poem DSP 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″ Adhere under the 1″ flap
- Frame – Cajun Craze – Largest Framelit – 5 1/2″ X 4″
- Top Frame – Whisper White – Medium Framelit – 4 1/2″ X 3 1/2″
- Front DSP Strip – 3/4″ X 5 1/4″
- Inside Layer – Whisper White – 4″ X 5 1/4″
- Inside DSP Strip – 1/2″ X 5 1/4″
The leaves and spots were stamped in Soft Suede Ink and the spots were overstamped in Crushed Curry. The leaves were colored with water color pencils and then blended with an aqua painter. The outside of the framelit was sponged with Cajun Craze and glitter enamel dots were added for sparkle. A double bow of linen thread ( 20″) completed the card.
Do you see how the framelits are just about the best shape since the retired Top Note Die?!
I thought I had missed the chance to post these cards when I didn’t get it done in August but thankfully the framelits popped up in the Clearance Rack.
Our current hostess code is 6E7477K2 and if you buy $50 worth of product you can choose a free level 1 product or with $100 you receive a level 2 product!
SAL, Sing A Lot of Sale A Bration joy
Karen click on little SAL in the computer to go to the online store.
Happy New Year Stampin’ Friends,
Out with the old – in with the new! New catalogs that is, and with the new Occasions catalog comes three months of Sale A Bration!
What is all the excitement about?
- During Sale A Bration, get a free product from the Sale A Bration catalog for each $50 spent; and a large free product with a $100 purchase
- Host a party and get an additional $25 hostess dollars with a $250 party- that is $50 of hostess dollars to spend on anything-including the starter kit
- Join during Sale A Bration (as a hobby demonstrator-no sales required, or as a new business venture) and get $50 more in free products than usual. You can also purchase the Craft & Carry tote as part of your starter kit for an additional $30. $99 gives you $175 of product or $129 gives you $175 of product plus the tote bag which is only available to new recruits. Free shipping on the starter kit makes it an even better deal!
I have parties in January and March but am open to have a party in your house or mine in February. There are spots still open in the January 19th party but January 8th is full. Call or text now – 303-815-0838
Here are the pdf versions of the catalog – just click the image and give it a bit to download. The catalogs will also be in the catalog tab of the blog anytime you want to view them. Contact me if you would like a hard copy of the catalogs and I will get one to you right away.
Of course you can still order from the Annual Catalog and the order will qualify for free Sale A Bration products, with a $50 order, and hostess dollars, if the order is over $150. If your order is under $150 please use the hostess code: AXG72X2F and the hostess for the next party will get the credit and we won’t leave free dollars on the table.
Here are some YouTube videos of the new products and a quick look at the new catalog as introduced by Stampin’ Up!
Do you like butterflies…? These catalogs are for you! Butterfly thinlits, stamp sets, a new punch, designer series paper and wooden embellishments!
…or gingham and lace…?
…perhaps teacups and teapots…and the best Mother’s Day stamp ever…?
…beautiful flowers… flower embellishments… and rectangular stitched framelits?
….or calla lilies that we have never had a stamp for stamping….until now…?
…or the traditional hearts and flowers in the All My Love suite…? (see the video of this suite in the above listing)
You can view the products as I have shown them in the last two images by going to the online store and clicking on the catalog, click the item you are interested in and then click the “+” button to enlarge it so you can tell what the framelit set includes. Little SAL can take you there now just click on the computer image below.
SAL, See A Lot when you shop (the hostess code is AXG72X2F)
Hello Stamping Friends,
We had so much fun at our second session of Stamp A Stacks. Each guest made two cards each of three designs. Would you like to make them or make more? I will showcase them today with measurements.
Today is the last day to order and be guaranteed delivery before Christmas (unless an item is on backorder). Have Santa call me to place your order!
The new hostess code is AXG72X2F. Jo will be our hostess for club on January 8th and this code will be good through then. If your order is under $150 she will get the benefit of the hostess dollars. Thank you in advance for your support!
Note: I abbreviate Designer Series Paper to DSP
Card #1 – Spirited Snowmen
I cased this card idea from Mary Deatherage at Stamps n Lingers. I changed up the snowflakes and used the Snowfall Thinlits Dies. I hope you bought this set while it was available in November. If not, there are beautiful snowflakes in the Blizzard Thinlits Die (page 39 of the Holiday Catalog).
- Base: Very Vanilla 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1: Cherry Cobbler 5 1/4″ X 4″ (this leaves a 1/8″ border)
- Layer 2: Festive Farmhouse DSP 5 1/8″ X 3 7/8″ ( 1/16″ border) Adhere Layer 2 directly to Layer 1 and pop up on the Very Vanilla card base
- Glue a 5 1/2″ Burlap Trim on Layer 2
- Layer 3: Cherry Cobbler 4″ X 3 3/8″
- Layer 4: Festive Farmhouse DSP 3 7/8″ X 3 1/4″ Adhere Layer 4 directly to Layer 3 and pop up over the burlap trim
- Snowmen: Very Vanilla 3 1/2″ X 3 1/2″; Stamp image in Crumb Cake slightly to the left and color with Stampin’ Blends; Cut with the largest of the Stitched Shape Framelits. Stampin’ Blends used:
- Light & Dark Crumb Cake
- Light & Dark Old Olive
- Light & Dark Cherry Cobbler
- Light & Dark Smoky Slate
- Color Lifter to highlight- My technique is to outline in the dark and then blend the color in to the middle with the light marker
- Snowflakes: Very Vanilla 2 1/4″ X 5″, cut with the flurry thinlit and one medium and one small thinlit
- Greeting: Very Vanilla 3 1/2″ X 1 1/4″, stamp the greeting in Cherry Cobbler then cut with the Petals & More Thinlits Die; punch a hole in the right hand side and insert two 3″ pieces of Cherry Cobbler Twine in the hole (I folded a 6″ piece in half and then cut it after inserting it in the hole). Tie a 6″ linen thread around the Cherry Cobbler Twine
- Inside Layer: Very Vanilla 4″ X 3 3/8 “
- Side Strip: Cherry Cobbler 5/8″ X 3 3/8″
- Side Strip Layer: DSP 1/2″ X 3 1/4″
- Embellishment: Pearl Basic Jewels colored with the Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend marker.
Card #2 – Peaceful Poinsettia
- Base: Thick Whisper White 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1 (make one for outside and one for inside): Shaded Spruce 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Layer 2 (make one for outside and one for inside): Whisper White 5″ X 3 3/4″; Cut outside with corner Poinsettia Thinlit Die
- Poinsettia: Whisper White 2″ X 5 1/4″; stamp with Memento Ink and color with Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend Markers; Cut out with Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits Die
- Greeting: Whisper White 3 1/4″ X 2″, Stamp in Shaded Spruce then punch with Pretty Label Punch
- Greeting Frame” Shaded Spruce 3 1/4″ X 2″ punched with the Pretty Label Punch then cut in half horizontally
- Embellish with Red Rhinestones and Clear Rhinestones colored with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend marker.
Card #3 – Hearts Come Home For Christmas
I cased this card from Debra Verbosh at debsrubberroom.com just changing out the DSP and the greeting and …… well you know, CASE – copy and selectively edit. Sometimes I think we get so excited to use the framelits and thinlits and we forget how fun it is to stamp. This card gives you the fun of stamping again!
- Base: Cherry Cobbler 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″; Cut 2″ off the front -vertically.
- Flap: Festive Farmhouse DSP 2″ X 5 1/4″; Wrap this with 6 1/2″ of Cherry Cobbler ribbon layered with 1/4″ Smoky Slate ribbon and tied with a 4″ tie of smoky slate ribbon. I used snail to position the ribbons but then put a piece of Tear and Tape top and bottom over the ribbons to adhere them to the main card flap as well as snail on the edges
- Circle: Cherry Cobbler 4″ ; Score this at 3 1/2″ and fold
- Top of Circle: Whisper White 3 5/8″ Circle; Cut out the circle and then lay it on the 4″ circle to mark the scored edges and then cut off the edge to match the edge of the 4″ circle. (I was using the old Circle Framelits) I used the Stamparatus to line up the three little houses from the Hearts Come Home stamp set and then masked the houses with sticky notes and stamped a tree from the stamp set with Tranquil Tide, once fully inked and twice stamped off without reinking. The moon, stars, smokestack and greeting are all stamped in Smoky Slate. Santa is stamped in black Memento Ink. “from our home to yours” is from the Farmhouse Christmas stamp set but the rest are in the Hearts Come Home set.
- Inside: Whisper White 5″ X 3 3/4″ ; Adhere the 4″ circle to the back of the Whisper White inside layer
- Inside Greeting: Festive Farmhouse DSP 3″ X 3″ Cut with Circle Framelit
- Greeting Layer: Whisper White 2 1/2″ X 2 1/2″ Cut with Circle Framelit; The greeting is from Farmhouse Christmas.
Bonus Card – Joy Ornament
I challenged myself to use Designer Series Paper last year and loved how this turned out. The Pretty Label Punch and the Label Me Pretty stamp set is still available in the Annual Catalog – see page 22; item #143861. The Pretty Label punch is so versatile as you see with its use on the above Poinsettia card with a large greeting and then on this card as a background. The “Joy” is from the Hearts Come Home stamp set in the Annual Catalog and the inside greetings are from Holly Berry Happiness and a Paper Pumpkin set. The layout is what I wanted to record with the small front panel of DSP matching the large background layer in the middle. Grab some scraps to make the ornament and you won’t need to use the dimensions given here.
- Base: Cherry Cobbler 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1: DSP (Be Merry of 2017) 5 3/8″ X 4 1/8″; Wrap this layer with 6 1/2″ of ribbon
- Panel Layer 1: Cherry Cobbler 4 3/16″ X 2 1/4″
- Panel Layer 2: Whisper White 4 1/8″ X 2 3/16″
- Panel Layer 3: DSP 4″ X 2″
- Ornament Layer 1: Garden Green 6 1/2″ X 2″ Punch 2 with the Pretty Label Punch
- Ornament Layer 2: Whisper White 3 1/4″ X 2″ Stamp in Garden Green with the Label Me Pretty outline stamp and then punch adhered to frame and directly adhered to the DSP
- Ornament Layer 3: Garden Green 1 3/4″ X 1 3/4″ Use a 1 3/8 ” Circle framlit or punch for this layer; Pop this layer up with dimensionals
- Ornament Layer 4: Whisper White 1 1/2″ X 1 1/2″ Stamp the circle Thank You from the stamp set then fussy cut around the design to scallop; Pop this layer up with dimensionals
- Ornament Layer 5: Whisper White 1 1/4″ X 1 1/4″ Stamp the Joy from the Hearts Come Home set in Cherry Cobbler, coloring just the back of the one word or place a sticky note over the “to the world” while you ink and then remove the sticky note and stamp. Punch with a 1″ punch and then color the edge with a Cherry Cobbler marker. Pop this layer up with dimensionals
- Embellish with a little rhinestone in the “o” of the “Joy” and a bow of white twine above the ornament
- Inside Layer 1: Same DSP as front panel 5 3/8″ X 4 1/8″
- Inside Layer 2: Garden Green 4 3/8″ X 3 1/8″
- Inside Layer 3: Whisper White 4 1/4″ X 3″ stamped with greeting from Holly Berry Happiness in Cherry Cobbler and Merry Christmas in Garden Green
Do you think we will ever go back and use these layouts making it worth the time to record the dimensions? Do you ever go to the recipe box to get layouts or do you ( and I) just go to the internet and look for something new? I would love to hear from you! Remember today is the last day to order in time for Christmas delivery and the hostess code is AXG72X2F if you would like your order to qualify for your January club minimum.
SAL, (Be Salt and Light as we Share A Love of Jesus this Christmas)
Hello Stamping Friends,
The retiring Holiday Catalog items have been announced and some are on sale. A few overstocked items in the Annual Catalog are also on sale. Note: bundles from the Holiday Catalog are all listed but the individual items in the bundles may still carryover. The wood stamp sets are discontinued but clear sets may carryover. Grab your catalog (the items are listed with a page number) and check out this pdf file to see if any of your wish list items are going away. Once they are sold out they are gone for good. The December host code is YWJUP73R if your order is under $150.
This file sorts the items by those that are on sale followed by those that are retiring, Note, as items sell out they will be deleted from the Online Store listing:
Year End Closeout-US Sheet1 PDF file
Of course you can always go to the ONLINE STORE and see the items that are still available alphabetically (my blog has the items that were available this morning so some may be sold out):
The Stamparatus Bag is now available for your purchase:
Hello Stamping Friends,
What a flurry of sales we have had over the last six days and today is the last day for the final sale on Tools and Inks.
Select Adhesives, Applicators, Cleaners, Cutting Tools, Embossing Folders, Framelits and Thinlits, Ink Pads, Ink Refills, Markers, Punches, Scoring Tools, Stamp Blocks and Cases are 10% off through 11:50 pm tonight. Click Here to view.
I will be submitting an order using the hostess code TJPDW3JC at 7:00 tonight. If you would like to join me in getting a discount on these sale items submit your order before 7:00 pm using the hostess code.
There are only three days left for the Snowflake Showcase set of products. It is only available through November 30.
My first of four Stamp A Stacks was yesterday and we used the Snowfall Thinlits and the Snow is Glistening stamp set to make this floating card I cased from ‘Stampin’ With Glittermum’ adding glitter enamel dots and a unique inside.
The Glitter Enamel Dots (#146934) page 197 in the annual catalog are perfect for the centers!
I made the inside a folded card for a ‘card inside a card’, stamping the greeting on the front, under the top panel, and then overstamping with the snowflake dots stamp in the set.
Snowflake Poem printable pdf file
Click the blue to download a printable pdf file with two poems. Print the file on 8 1/2 X 11 Whisper White cardstock and trim the left side 1/2″. Trim each poem to 5 1/4″ long and score at 4″. Your inside card should be 8″ X 5 1/4″.
- Base is Gorgeous Grape (Bermuda Bay): 7 1/4″ X 4 1/4″, Scored at 5 1/2″. I started by cutting the cardstock in half the long way 11″ X 4 1/4″ and then made the 7 1/4″ cut using the rest for two of the three panels needed.
- 3 panels in Gorgeous Grape (Bermuda Bay): 4 1/4″ X 1 3/4″, One panel will attach to the front of the window sheet and two panels will attach to the back of the front to cover the tape on the window sheet.
- Window Sheet: 4 1/4″ X 3″, place a piece of Tear and Tape on the top and on the bottom of the Window Sheet. Remove the backing from just the bottom tape on the Window Sheet and attach the Window Sheet to the back of a panel. Line up the panel even with the very bottom of the card, remove the top tape backing on the window sheet and fold the top of the card base over the window sheet. Adhere the other two panels to the back of the front covering the window sheet but being careful to keep the panels in line with the base of the card.
- 2 coordinating panel layers in Highland Heather (Coastal Cabana) : 4 X 1 1/2″ , adhere to front
- 2 top panel layers in Whisper White: 3 3/4″ X 1 1/4″, We will make our own Designer Series Paper. Using the little multiple snowflake stamp, stamp randomly in the darker ink, then stamp the larger single snowflake in the lighter ink and finish off with filling in any blanks with the tiny single snowflake in the lighter ink. Hint: place the two panels next to each other on your grid sheet to stamp them at the same time.
- 2 large snowflakes in Highland Heather (Coastal Cabana): 8 1/2″ X 3 1/2″, Cut two snowflakes with the largest thinlit and use Tombow liquid glue to adhere one snowflake to the front middle of the Window Sheet,; Tombow gives you the ability to adjust the snowflake to center it top and bottom. When you are satisfied with the placement, hold the snowflake in place for a bit since it won’t adhere immediately to the window sheet. Attach the second snowflake to the back of the window sheet lining it up with the front snowflake.
- 1 Sparkle snowflake: 2″ X 2″, use Sparkle Glimmer Paper and the medium thinlit to cut a sparkly snowflake. Use Tombow glue to dot the back of the snowflake – count to 10 and then adhere to the large snowflake. Waiting a few seconds keeps the glue from gushing out when you adhere your piece. Attach a matching Glitter Enamel Dot in the center.
- The center panel is Whisper White: 8″ X 5 1/4″ scored at 4″ for an inside card in a card or 4″ X 5 1/4″ for a flat inside.
Be sure you stamp your greeting and sign your name under the panels of the card not under the window sheet.
You may never need another snowflake stamp if you purchase this set with its various sizes. The thinlits even have an attached set of snowflakes for a fun flurry! Purchase by Friday, November 30!
The second card at my Stamp A Stack I will call Comfort & Joy cased somewhat from someone on Pinterest:
Timeless Tidings (#148936) is the stamp set I used for the greetings. It can be seen on page 33 of the Holiday catalog. The greetings are beautiful and I love the mixture of fonts in small and large sizes!
- Base – Call Me Clover: 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Top Layer – Whisper White: 4 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ embossed with the Seasonal Wreath Embossing Folder (#146833)
- Two strips of Silver Foil Paper: 4 3/8″ X 1/2″ (the extra 1/8 gives you ease in lining it up under the Whisper White layer- just clip off the excess). I used Tombow again on the back of the white layer and then laid it on the silver strip, top and bottom.
- Flowers: 3/4″ X 4″ Silver Foil,and 3/4″ X 4″ Sparkle glimmer paper. Cut six of each with the thinits from the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies. There are three flower dies of the same size so you only have to run them twice on each paper strip to get six flowers. Adhere with glue dots offsetting slightly to leave a shadow of silver behind the sparkle flower. Add a red rhinestone (#146924) to the top pushing the rhinestone firmly into the glitter paper.
- Bow: 1/8″ Real Red Ribbon (#144631), 10″ trimmed as needed
The Stamparatus worked great for stamping the Merry Christmas with the green ink multiple times to get a dark image.
The third card I cased from Donna Ross at Stamped Sophisticates just changing out the greeting to use the Farmhouse Christmas stamp set greeting(#148478). It is on page 13 of the Holiday Catalog. The Farmhouse Framelits Dies that match the set (10% off if you bundle them) has a stitched banner framelit used here for the Merry Christmas cut out. The little gold bows are also in the Farmhouse framelit set.
It is so much prettier in real life with the All Is Bright Designer Series Paper (#147892) a beautiful, realistic print with deep green and bright red colors. I used the Timeless Tidings set again for the inside greeting which matched the font in the front greeting from Farmhouse Merry Christmas!
- Base – Garden Green: 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- First Layer and inside layer – Old Olive: 5 1/4″ X 4″ – make 2
- Second Layer Outside – All Is Bright Designer Series Paper: 5″ X 3 3/4″
- Inside Second Layer – Very Vanilla: 5″ X 3 3/4″, the Designer Series Paper strips will be glued to this
- Designer Series Paper Strips for inside: 5/8″ X 5″ (or use my trick of making it 5 1/8″ long and then clip the ends)
- Greeting – Very Vanilla: 6″ X 3″, Stamp the greeting once in Real Red, Clean, Stamp again in Garden Green. Cut out the Garden Green greeting with the 2 3/8″ Stitched Shapes circle framelit. Cut out the Merry Christmas in Real Red with the stitched banner in the Farmhouse Framelits.
- Gold Base of the greeting – gold foil paper: 3 3/4″ X 3 1/4″ , Cut out with the Stitched Labels Framelit(#146828) see on page 17 and on page 220 of the Annual Catalog. Pop up each piece of the greeting – the gold is popped up, then the circle is popped up and the banner is popped up.
- With the scrap gold foil you have left over, use the Farmhouse little bows framelit and cut out three gold bows. Adhere two to the greeting and one to the inside.
I still have a couple of spots left at next Tuesday morning and Friday evening Stamp A Stacks- 9:30 Tuesday, 6:30 Friday. I will have three new designs and you will make two of each design for a total of six cards at a cost of $25. Goodies, door prizes and thank you gifts always appear! I need RSVPs by Saturday at the latest.
Check out the sales, check out the Clearance Rack and save! Again the hostess code through 7:00 tonight is TJPDW3JC.
SAL, Save A Lot
May you have a wonderful time with family and friends and count your blessings many times over!
A quick reminder that the Stamp A Stacks are coming up:
- November 27, Tuesday, 9:30 – 12:00; and November 30, Friday 6:30 -9:00 Six cards each session $25
- December 4, Tuesday, 9:30 – 12:00; and December 7, Friday 6:30 – 9:00 Six cards each session $25
I need RSVPs as soon as you know your schedule since I will be traveling for Thanksgiving. There will be a Door Prize each session, Thank You gifts and Goodies of course!
At my very first Christmas workshop we made the luminary shown on page 9 of the Holiday catalog and the Dashing Deer white and gold Christmas card shown on page 8 – with a few changes of course. It is pretty in the day-time-
The Dollar Store had large battery operated candles that worked well. The catalog uses the Galvanized Metallic Paper (#147805) shown on page 43 of the Holiday catalog. I used a retired Naturals Cardstock but we have thick Very Vanilla Cardstock(#144237) that would work beautifully!
- 2 – Very Vanilla Thick cardstock 8 1/2″ X 8 1/2″; score both at 4″ and 8″, use a pencil and ruler to mark 3/4″ on all sides and cut out the window openings. With Soft Suede ink stamp the single flower from the set in the opposite corners of each side and then stamp 1/2 of the garland stamp on the short (horizontal) side and the whole garland on the long (vertical) side.
- 4 – Vellum 3 3/4″ X 8″ ; glue to each window opening
- Base – Very Vanilla Thick cardstock 5″ X 5″; score the base at 1/2″ each side, cut out corners
- 2 – Deer – Very Vanilla 4″ X 6″; Cut out with your flying Detailed Deer Thinlit. The catalog uses the corrugated Embossing Folder to stripe the deer (#148026). I used the retired Diagonal Stripe background stamp to stamp the deer using Soft Suede ink. Remember to turn one over before stamping so you have the deer going opposite ways. To mount, I used glue dots and a tiny bit of the Fine Tip Glue on the horns.
- 4 Branches – Early Espresso – the catalog uses the Night Owl Thinlits Dies, pg 41 (#147920), I used the Petals & More Thinlits (#145655) and cut off the end of the leaves so they looked like branches. Use two branches going opposite ways for the top and two for the bottom. This is the first layer of your corner garland.
- 4 Spruce Branches for the next layer – Garden green – Cut with the Christmas Staircase Thinlits (#144679)
- 2 Sprig Punches, (page 29, #148012) cut in half – Granny Apple Green – layer on the spruce branches
- 2 – 12″ lengths of Gold Metallic Thread; wrap around three fingers and attach to the sprigs with glue dots
- 6 – flowers cut with the Detailed Deer Thinlits – Cherry Cobbler – layered on the gold thread
- 18 – flower centers cut with a 1/16 hole punch using a 1/2″ X 2″ strip of Pineapple Punch cardstock. With our new Take Your Pick tool, (page 30 #144107) you can easily pick up the tiny pieces and place them on your project.
Now let’s make the Happiest Christmas Wishes card changing up a few things from the catalog:
On page 11 of the Holiday catalog there are Foil-Edged Cards and Envelopes in gold, #147901, and silver #147900. I used the gold for this card.
For embossing with our gold embossing powder remember these steps:
Step 1: tap with embossing buddy on whole area;
Step 2: Stamp in Versa Mark;
Step 3: Coat with gold embossing powder; Turn over and flick off excess; use paintbrush to remove any other excess
Step 4: Heat until glossy
- Gold Foil-Edged Card base, Use gold embossing powder and emboss the garland from the stamp set in gold embossing powder on the base with the middle of the stamp 1/2″ down on the white part of the base and 1/2″ up on the bottom white part of the base. You will measure 1/2″ from the white edge not the gold edge. Use a light pencil mark so you know where to place the middle of the garland.
- Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder (#147923) Layer, Whisper White, 3 3/4″ X 3 3/4″
- 2 Gold Glimmer Paper strips- 1/2″ X 4″ , adhere to the top and bottom of the embossed layer, snip the ends. I find it is better to make little strips like this a bit longer and then snip them off so they are sure to be the perfect size.
- Gold Foil Cardstock – 3″ X 3 1/2″, cut out 1 flying deer and three gold flowers with the Detailed Deer Thinlits and use the scrap to punch 3 centers for the flowers with a 1/16″ hole punch.
- Banner, Whisper White Cardstock, 3/4″ X 2 1/2″, punch end with banner punch or a square punch, emboss the greeting
- 3- Top of the flowers: Whisper White, 1″ X 2″, layer on top of gold, slightly offsetting one edge and then add punched circle middle
- Inside – Whisper White 3 3/4″ X 5″; Emboss the greeting and the small standing deer with gold embossing powder.
One last project for today: Gift Bags using our beautiful Designer Series Paper!
Jill Olsen has a video on YouTube from years ago and she updated it this year, click to watch:
After our event, Lucille typed up directions for us so you would be able to print out a file for reference. Thank you, Lucille!
Gift Bag Instructions pdf file (click to download)
SAL, Sigh A Lot (as you sit back from the feast and marvel at your blessings)