Hello Stamping Friends,
A new catalog year has started and Stampin’ Up! is celebrating their 30th birthday! It is great to be part of a company that keeps on keeping on (and keeping up with modern trends)!
Thank you for supporting the catalog launch on Friday and Saturday and the craft sale. All the left over products that didn’t sell are now in a new tab on this blog that I titled “Bake Sale”.
The new hostess code is C2HE3X22. Our bimonthly club is July 10th and guests are welcome for $5 or a $25 order placed between now and July 10th.
For the make and take at the catalog launch I displayed several new products and the favorite was the Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut paper shown on pages 38-39. It is part of the Delightfully Detailed suite. Our wonderful home office has compiled a set of videos introducing the new catalog products and this is the video that showcases the paper we all loved.
Click here to see all the new products-the paper is toward the end:
Of course, at every catalog launch we must make a ‘traditional’ bookmark for our catalogs and a color chart with the new In Colors so we can actually see them, punch them – love them! The bookmarks used the In Colors and the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum #146344, page 165.
The ribbon is 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle in Whisper White, #146912, and various baker’s twine including the new Nature’s Twine #146342 which has the Grapefruit Grove color-see pages 200-201.
- Bookmark Base = 2″ X 7″ punched at the top with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch #133324
- Whisper White for behind the vellum = 1 1/2″ X 6″
- Vellum = 1 1/2″ X 6″ (except the yellow roses which are 1 1/4″ X 5 1/2″)
- Black for the yellow roses = 1 1/2″ X 5 3/4″
The color charts use a 3/4″ length of cardstock punched with the retired banner punch.
To make vellum bright white, rub the backside of the vellum with a stylus #126189 on the Stampin’ Pierce Mat #126199:
The color charts all had to be redone for the color revamp. This year I added a few extra color charts to compare color families.
Brights; Neutrals; Basics;
There are twelve Color Charts. Email me if you would like the Excel spreadsheet or if you would like to order a set of cards. I will make them up for you for $8 – pick up at my house; or $10 -mailed within the USA. email: email@example.com
Contact me if you would like a catalog, I would love to earn your business and be your demonstrator.
Hello Stamping Friends,
The new catalog is active! We are celebrating 30 years of loving what we do and sharing what we love as we help you enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…making a difference in your life and in lives worldwide! (Karen’s paraphrase of our Statement of the Heart!)
Here in Castle Rock, CO I will be hosting a catalog launch on Friday, June 8 and Saturday, June 9, from 8 am to 3 pm. Join me as we look at new products, make a color chart with the new In Colors and make a bookmark for your catalog using the new Graceful Glass Designer Vellum.
In conjunction with the catalog launch, there will be a craft garage sale! A couple other stampers and myself are parting with some of our past products to make room for new. I love ribbon but my ribbon storage is overflowing so I am going to divide up the ribbons and package them for sale. I keep adding stamp sets to my ‘for sale’ items and then looking at them and putting them back on the shelf and then scolding myself and putting them back out for sale. Sigh……… it is like breaking up with a friend! lol
The hostess code through June 9th is UB6X963B. 20% of any sale made at home now or through closing of the sale on Saturday will entitle you to a voucher for use at my craft table. There will be past Paper Pumpkins for sale, DSP, and Big Shot items.
I had better get to work sorting and packaging! Have a wonderful day!
SAL (Shop A Lot, Smile A Little, and Share A Love)
Hello Stamping Friends,
We have discounts on some of the retiring items! Click here for a pdf file of all the discounted products- some are 50% off!
I chose two of my retiring favorites to make an Eclipse card – the stamp set “Awesomely Artistic”, page 153 in the Annual Catalog, and the color Island Indigo. In my usual monochromatic style I did cards for Mother’s Day, thank you cards and friend cards. Her are various fronts and insides of the cards -the inside could just as easily be the outside of a card.
The Glitter Enamel Dots, #144200, matched the Island Indigo perfectly and added sparkle. (There will be Glitter Enamel Dots in the new catalog but with different colors.) The dragonfly is colored with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, #141897, and the flower centers are a drop of glue from our Fine-Tip Glue Pen, #138309, with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter, #133751, sprinkled on top. The For You greeting comes from the retiring stamp set “So Many Shells”, page 38 of the Annual Catalog.
Instead of Glitter Dots you could be a bit eclectic and use the stamp from the “Awesomely Artistic” set that has dots. The greeting, “From Across The Miles”, is a stamp in the retiring “Holly Berry Happiness” Christmas set, page 118. I used a sticky note to cover up the Christmas Wishes words on the stamp, inked the stamp, removed the sticky note and stamped. Voila- a greeting to use any time of the year.
Or just stamp the flowers a little on the edge of your front layer:
The insides of the cards were fun to customize. My daughter is expecting her first child so this is her first Mother’s Day. A greeting in the “Special Celebrations” stamp set was perfect:
The Daisy Delight stamp set on page 127 had the ideal message for the many thank you notes I needed after my father’s passing.
For dear family and friends, the Occasions Catalog “Petal Palette”, page 23, has the perfect message:
Card Base: Whisper White 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
Island Indigo Layer: 5 1/4″ X 4″, Make two
Whisper White top layer: 5 X 3 3/4″, Make two
Stamping Order for the top is a bit critical so you don’t have the images running into each other:
- Stamp the greeting at the bottom
- Stamp the dragonfly
- Stamp the flowers
Color the dragonfly with Wink of Stella, then line up the Large Letters Framelits, #141712, spelling HUGS on your stamped top layer and run through the Big Shot. Adhere all your layers and then put Foam Adhesive Strips, #141825, on the back of the cut out letters and glue the letters back in their respective spaces. Helpful Hint: I adhered the letter framelits to a large sticky note and then placed the sticky noted letters on the top layer so I could use it over and over without realigning the framelits each time.
I checked Eclipse cards on Pinterest and found so many words that were used: HOPE, LOVE, YOU, WISH, BDAY, MOM, BABY, BOY, DAD, GIRL, GIVE, NOEL, (NAME), (DATE), JUST, FAITH, JOY, 4EVER, EPIC, BEST (friend). Graduation cards with dates are popular now using the retiring Large Number Framelit set, #140622. The Large Letters framelits will carryover to the new catalog but not the numbers set.
Have fun making your own Eclipse cards!
SAL, (Stamp A Lot, Smile A Little, Share A Love- and always be Salt And Light in your world)
Check the list above for discounts on retiring items and check out the Clearance Rack, new items have been added, to see if you can save on your wish list! Click on the computer image with SAL to shop. If an item is sold out you will get an error message when you enter it in your online order. Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator!
Hello Stamping Friends,
Grab your wish list and click to view pictured images of the retiring products:
Note: When a bundle retires, the associated products may not necessarily retire. They will be in the new catalog if they are not listed in the other categories but they will not be bundled for a 10% savings.
Don’t panic as I did when I saw all the ink pads that were listed. We are doing a complete color revamp that is just amazing. Along with new colors we will now have new ink pads with a new ink formula that won’t foam.
Retiring Products List – Occasions Catalog PDF version
Retiring Products List – Annual Catalog PDF version
Products are only available while supplies last so don’t wait to order.
The hostess code is WAA3JYTM. Use this code if your order is under $150 and it will count toward our current club hostess. Over $150 -you receive the hostess dollars yourself. Club members, this code is good through our May 1 club and will count toward your commitment.
Thank you for visiting! If you don’t have a demonstrator I would love to earn your business.
SAL, Stamp A Lot, See A Love, Shop A Little
Hello Stamping Friends,
My Easter card this year was the Magic Shutter Card. There are many videos on pinterest by that name, though I found if I prop my smart phone up on a stand, I can scroll through the dimensions on a written post like this one as I construct the card. Then there is no stopping and starting a video and trying to take notes, just tap the screen and scroll to the next step. Do you like doing that?
The Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper (#144137) matched with Wisteria Wonder card stock (#122922) does all the work of making the card beautiful. As you open the card the shutters open like the shutters on a camera for a great “ooooo….” moment. One designer put a picture of her child behind the shutters. With Teeny Tiny Wishes (#127802) this card could say Happy Mother’s Day or Happy Graduation or any of the other tiny wishes.
- The base is Thick Whisper White cardstock cut at 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ and scored at 2 1/8″ and 6 3/8″ Tip: After scoring the card base, gently fold the scores bringing the two sides to the middle to exactly match and then hold them in place and use your bone folder to firmly burnish the score lines.
Next let’s make the skinny panels on the fronts and the inside right and left. They are all four the same size. (Note: DSP means Designer Series Paper.)
- Wisteria Wonder = 1 7/8″ X 5 1/4″ make 4
- Delightful Daisy DSP = 1 5/8″ X 5″ make 4
Attach the DSP to the Wisteria Wonder layer and then attach each to the base.
Now let’s make the inside middle panel but it won’t be attached until after the shutters are attached.
- Wisteria Wonder = 3″ X 5 1/4″
- Delightful Daisy DSP = 2 3/4″ X 5″
Attach the DSP to the Wisteria Wonder. The circle in the middle is cut out with a 2 1/2″ layering circle framelit (# 141705) or the retired 2 1/2″ punch. Cut your circle out just slightly above middle. Tip: If you are using a punch, punch out a template on a sticky note and put it on your card panel to guide where you punch. Come down from the Wisteria Wonder top 1 1/4″ which will give you 1 1/2″ at the bottom of the circle cut out.
- Stamp the greeting on a Whisper White Strip 3 1/2″ X 1″ and punch it out with the Bow Builder punch (#137414). Attach it to the center of the circle cut out. The cut out will show behind the shutters so choose what you want to show, or match, as you glue on the greeting. Draw around the greeting with a Wisteria Wonder marker or sponge the greeting edges before gluing to the circle cut out.
You are not going to attach the middle panel yet, but you need to use it to guide where you glue the circle cut out. Hold the panel in place with a sticky note, put glue on the back of your circle cut out with the greeting, and carefully press your circle directly through the opening. Put the panel aside as you make the shutters.
- Wisteria Wonder = 4″ X 3 1/2″ Make two. Mark the center of one piece by coming down 1 3/4″ on the short side and over 2″ on the long side. Use a ruler and draw a line from the middle mark to the top and bottom corners on the short side. Cut out this triangle which you can then use for cutting the other shutter piece. (Save your template for future cards.)
Clip the pointy ends off the shutters. Score the uncut side at 1/2″.
Fold your score line and burnish well then unfold it and place the shutter right along the edge of the fold on the base. Put a piece of sticky tape on the 1/2″ edge.
Remove the sticky tape cover and then fold the side over pressing it onto the sticky tape.
Most of the cards online use a belly band but I prefer a ribbon that stays attached. I used the retired ribbon punch and punched the edge of the fold on each side. The Pretty Label punch (#143715) would work almost as well. Close each side and punch a little slot in the Whisper White base. I marked 1/2″ up from the bottom with a pencil so both sides would be in line.
Run the ribbon (20″) through the slots. Now you are ready to mount the middle panel. Place an Adhesive Foam Strip (#141825) at the very top of the panel and the very bottom of the panel and then mount the panel over your shutters and ribbon. (You could use the Stampin’ Dimensionals as well but it would take quite a few.)
After the inside was done, I put pearls on each end and tested to see if they would interfere with the shutters. They didn’t –so it worked!
The Card Front
The “Celebrate” thinlit was a Sale A Bration free product that will be available in the new catalog June 1st!
- Three “celebrates” were cut out – two with Wisteria Wonder 3″ X 4 1/4″ and one with Thick Whisper White 1 1/2″ X 4 1/4″. The purples were glued on top of each other and the white was offset a little. I used Tombow liquid glue and drew a thin line of glue on the letters – counted to twenty to let it get tacky- and then glued it on. If you wait just those twenty seconds the glue won’t gush out on your project.
The butterfly is stamped with the “You Move Me” stamps (#144002) and cut out with the “Move Me Thinlits” (#143732).
- Whisper White 1 1/2″ X 3 1/2″ will do both the butterfly and the He Has Risen greeting. Stamp the butterfly first with the solid stamp in Crushed Curry and then stamp the wing detail in Tangerine Tango. (I love two step stamping sets, and the butterfly thinlits even have antennae!) I used a Tangerine Tango marker to draw a thin line on the antennae then attached the little beauty with a glue dot under one wing.
- The greeting is from the retired “Easter Message” stamp set and cut with a Stitched Shape Framelit (#145372).
My Mother’s Day card uses the current Lovely Words Thinlits (#143733) and the Whisper White 1/4″ Organza Ribbon from the Occasions Catalog Page 23 (#145590). The “For You” greeting is from the So Many Shells stamp set (#143695).
The little heart is from the Subtles Enamel Shapes (#141679).
What do you think? The Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper (#144137) will be retired after May 31 and the retired list comes out on April 9 so it will only be available while supplies last. Click on the little SAL computer image to order this or any other products!
SAL, Share A Love
Hello Stamping Friends,
One of the most popular sets in the Occasion Catalog is the Barn Door Bundle on page 43. The catalog runs through May 31 but “Product availability may be limited toward the end of the catalog sales period” so don’t wait if this set is on your wish list. Through March 31, spend $50 and get a free Sale A Bration item; this year we even have a level 2 set of free items for purchases of $100. See all the items in the catalog tab.
The hostess code for March is D6PG94AD. This is the code you will use if you place an online order under $150. Over $150 earns you your own hostess rewards!
This set has framelits to cut out the tracks, each little piece of hardware, each flower in the wreath, the set of three flowers and the bow! I think Stampin’ Up! thought of just about every which way you might want to stamp the embellishments. Check out what I made:
The inside uses stamps from two different sets in the Annual Catalog: Wild About Flowers, page 174, and Butterfly Basics, page 149. The ribbon on the front is from the Sale A Bration free Shimmer Ribbon Pack. The sign on the door is created by cutting out the frame in Basic Black with the framelit and then stamping the Hello Sign on Whisper White and cutting out just the Hello with a bit of black border and then popping this up on your black cutout. I liked the Pool Party on Pool Party but there are so many other combinations that look striking – copper hardware on brown or silver hardware on Soft Sky. I would love to see what you create!
To make the card you see here you will need:
- Eight #6 washers from your local hardware store
- Simple Stripes Embossing Folder (pg. 5 of Occasions Catalog) #145648
- Foam Adhesive Strips (pg. 203 of Annual Catalog) #141825; Five 5″ strips; glue dots; mini stampin’ dimensionals
- Inks – Basic Black for Hello, Emerald Envy for leaves, Crushed Curry for flowers, Early Espresso for door and greetings
- Ribbon – 6″ of Pool Party Shimmery Ribbon from Sale A Bration free bundle
- Base – Pool Party 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Top Layer – Pool Party 4″ X 5 1/4″
- Barn Door – Crumb Cake 2 3/4″ X 3 3/4″ The Framelit is 2 1/4″ X 3 5/16″ but give yourself some extra to stamp the door and then cut it down to size
- Hardware & Sign – Basic Black 4 1/2″ X 2″
- Greeting behind the door – Whisper White 4″ X 2 1/4″
- Greeting Inside Card – Whisper White 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Hello Greeting – Whisper White 1 1/2″ X 1 1/2″
- Cut the tracks in your top layer; Center the tracks framelit horizontally but NOT vertically. It is 5/8″ down from the top which makes it about 1/4″ and a hair from the bottom. (Isn’t it great that the two tracks are on one framelit?!)
- Emboss the top layer with the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder positioning an indented stripe directly on the top of the top track so you will have a flat surface where you are trying to glue on the black hardware strip. Check out the picture above.
- Stamp the barn door with Early Espresso Ink and cut it out with the framelit; sponge the edges for a bit of shadow
- Cut out the black hardware and sign – two rollers for the top of the door, one long black strip, the door handle and the sign
- Glue on the long black strip. I used tombow liquid glue.
- Place a washer beneath the top track and bottom track at the far left side of each track. Put a mini dimensional on top of the washers then place another washer on top of the mini dimensionals. You should have one washer underneath the cardstock, the dimensional then a washer on top of the cardstock.
- Position two more washers at the far right side of each track and do the same layering: washer-mini dimensional-washer.
- Put two glue dots on the top of the four layered washers
- With two washers pushed as far left as they will go, position your barn door and press the left side of the door onto the glue dots
- Making sure the other two washers are pushed as far right as they will go, slide the barn door to the right and press onto the glue dots
- Mount your top layer to your card base with the foam adhesive strips. One strip should be placed above and below each of the tracks and one strip right in the middle- so five 5″ strips are used.
- Take your Whisper White 4″ X 2 1/4″ greeting piece and temporarily place it under the door. Slide the door to the left and make a light pencil mark to show where your edge will be when stamping. Slide the door to the right and mark the edge for the other side. Hint: If making multiples use a large acrylic block to mount both the left and right greeting on the one block and you can stamp without remarking the edges each time.
- Stamp your greetings. Note: The Whisper White greeting piece could be larger or smaller depending on your choice of greetings- just be sure to attach the door to the washers further out or further in on the door as needed to cover the greetings. You will see several different sizes on Youtube for this greeting piece. The key is the door placement on the washers so it covers the greetings.
- Glue your greeting behind the door. I used Tombow so it didn’t stick before it was in position.
- Glue the rollers to the door only at the bottom. It is an illusion that they are attached at the top and rolling along the track.
- Glue the handle.
- Make the Hello Sign by stamping the sign on Whisper White and then fussy cut the “hello” with a bit of black border and pop this up on the black sign cut out with the framelit and Basic Black cardstock. Attach the sign with a glue dot and then attach a little bow on top with another glue dot.
- Stamp your inside greeting and your name on the back.
- Decorate your envelope – no naked envelopes in the mail!
- Stamp and send!!
PARTY AT MY HOUSE
We will be making this card and the Blossoming Basket card (see the previous post) at my house here in Castle Rock on March 14 (rescheduled from March 10). I would love to have you join us. We will start at 9:00 and have a light lunch about 11:30. RSVP by Sunday, March 11. It’s a standard party with a door prize, thank you gifts, snacks and chocolate. There is no charge but catalogs will be available for shopping or taking home to shop later.
CALL TO CLUB
Would you like to join a Stampin’ Up! club and have fun with others while learning how to use new techniques, fancy folds, awesome products or clean and simple cards? In the past we had club every other month and commitments from six members who had the privilege of being the hostess (and earning free products) along with the responsibility of a light lunch or breakfast. Join me to discuss club details and make the Magic Shutter Card. We will discuss what day of the week to meet, what time, and most importantly – when do we start! I will answer questions and we will go over the responsibilities of the hostess for each club. I am thinking we need one Saturday club every other month and one weekday club every other month but it all depends on you.
When: Saturday, March 24, 10:00-12:00 (snacks and lunch provided)
Where: My House – 4143 Eagle Ridge Way, Castle Rock
What: Discussion and sign up for clubs
RSVP: Please RSVP by March 21. If you can’t attend but would like to join a club, send me a list of what you would like in a club – what day of the week, what time, what type etc.
PAPER PUMPKIN PARTY
Paper Pumpkin is a monthly crafting kit sent directly to your home. It has everything you need to make cards or other cool gifts. March is a special celebration of Paper Pumpkin’s fifth year in production! There will be a special box and a gift in the box to accompany the regular kit. You must subscribe by the 10th of March to receive the special kit. The cost is $19.95 plus tax or buy online and you can get three months for $59 and a free Sale A Bration product. Check out the video here:
Let’s make our kits together!
When: Wednesday, March 28, 9:30 – 11:30 (snacks provided)
Where: My House – 4143 Eagle Ridge Way, Castle Rock
RSVP: Tuesday, March 27. I have no card kits to make but it helps to know you are coming.
Contact me with questions about any of the above.
SAL, Shop A Little – click on the computer image to go to my online store
Hello Stamping Friends,
Are you thrilled with this year’s Occasion Catalog and the free Sale A Bration items? I sure am. And to bless us even more, Stampin’ Up! announced a few extra Sale A Bration items available February 16. As a demonstrator, I am able to preorder the items and I received them just in time for Deana’s annual Sale A Bration party. Here is the brochure of the new products:
My favorite new product is the free Blossoming Basket Bundle. The bundle includes the stamp set and the Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. (Note: These new Dynamic embossing folders have a deeper image and are a thicker folder so you do not use the bottom cutting plate and you spritz the paper before putting it in the folder and running it through the Big Shot. This keeps the paper from tearing.)
There are no framelits with the set so I made cutting templates for the stampers by stamping the image on white cardstock and then placing the stamp back on the image without the block and drawing around the stamp with a pencil. I cut the image on the pencil lines to create the template. I did the same with the greeting. I liked all the little curves that the stamp had from the factory cut. I am sure Stampin’ Up! cuts various shapes to make identifying and mounting the stamps easier and the curves on this set sure made for a nice outline. With wooden sets you would just need to make your template from the stamp before mounting it to the wood. Store the templates with your stamp set and you are ready for the next card.
Base: Calypso Coral 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ Scored at 4 1/4″
Layer 1: Soft Suede 4″ X 5 1/4″ ; spritz with water, run through Big Shot with the Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder; sponge top with crumb cake here and there for a little extra depth
Layer 2: Doily – this one is the older Stampin’ Up! version which is 4″; the new ones, item #141701, are 3 1/2″ which would be better for showcasing the basket by not having as much doily showing. Warning: Do not put glue on the top part of the doily, use glue dots around the edge. The bottom of the doily which will be covered by the basket can be glued down.
Basket, tag and butterfly: Shimmery White 3 1/2″ X 3 1/2″ The basket, tag and butterfly stamps can all be placed together on a size E block to stamp the images at the same time.
Ink: If you are using the new Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers, use the Memento black ink; with the regular markers, which are water based, use the black Archival stampin’ ink.
I used Stampin’ Blends to color:
- Flowers, tag, butterfly – Calypso Coral, light and dark markers;
- Basket – Crumb Cake, light and dark;
- Leaves – Old Olive, light and dark:
- Flower centers – Dark Daffodil Delight;
- To enhance the colors – Color Lifter.
My favorite technique is to outline the outside with the dark marker and then use the light marker to blend the dark line and color the rest. The leaves are too small for that technique, so I colored one type of leaf in light green and one type of leaf in dark green and then used the color lifter to create lighter tones.
Click here for a Stampin’ Up! video on blending with the new alcohol markers.
Embellishments: 12″ of Linen Thread #104199, cut in half and made into a double bow; Metallic Enamel Shapes #141678
Our Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush was a hit with the stampers as they used it to add sparkle to the butterfly, hearts and middles of the flowers. It is item #141987 and shown on page 200 of the Annual Catalog.
The inside uses a greeting from the Special Celebrations stamp set in the Annual Catalog page 23. This set is great with greetings for birthdays, babies, weddings, and friendships.
The bottom basket weave piece starts at 5 1/4″ X 1″; it shrinks up a little when it is embossed so the Whisper White layer is cut at 5 1/8″ X 4″.
To better utilize our time at the party, I had kits made with card bases of Cherry Cobbler, Bermuda Bay and Pumpkin Pie along with the Calypso Coral cardstock shown here. That way, each stamper could play with a set of matching Stampin’ Blends and not be rushed to do their coloring. I wish I had taken a picture of all the beautiful cards they made in the different colors.
There is still time for you to book a Sale A Bration party. If you don’t live in the area, I can set you up with a hostess code and you can have a catalog party with your friends. If you live here in Castle Rock, why not host your own party and earn even greater hostess rewards. Along with each guest earning a free product with a $50 purchase, you can earn free product for your purchases and hostess dollars for the total of all the orders. During Sale A Bration you earn an extra $25 in hostess dollars with a qualifying party. Call or text me now! 303-815-0838.
Our current hostess code for orders under $150 is VJHRB73X. Orders over $150 – you earn dollars yourself!
SAL, (Stamp A Lot, Smile A Little, Share A Love)
Hello Stamping Friends,
Tomorrow starts a new sale from Stampin’ Up! Buy one Fast Fuse Adhesive and get two refills free. Fast fuse is stronger than our regular snail adhesive and the refills have 21.9 yards, about 67% more than a snail refill. Stampin’ Up! offered this sale last fall and sold out faster than anyone could imagine so they promised they would have the sale again, but it is only while supplies last and only for five days starting tomorrow, February 8, and ending February 12. So stock up now and save!
Use hostess code VJHRB73X if your order is under $150 and remember it is Sale A Bration days so every $50 order earns you a free product (and a special thank you gift from me)! Click to see the video:
Have you ever been on a hot air balloon ride? My Son In Law, Jonathan (Bud), gave Paul and I a ride for my birthday a couple of years ago and it was phenomenal! He has been a balloon pilot for Wild West Balloon Adventures in Steamboat Springs, Colorado for years.
With a balloon pilot in the family, the Lift Me Up stamp set with matching thinlits was a must have for me. It is on page 58 of the Annual Catalog; the matching Up & Away thinlits are on page 216 and have an extra-large balloon thinlit with smaller thinlits for the colors behind the main balloon so you can build your own balloon with no fussy cutting. My husband built this balloon birthday card for Jonathan casing one from Pinterest:
The birds are from the High Tide stamp set on page 140 of the Annual Catalog. The sun is from a retired set but we have a new stamp set in the Sale A Bration brochure which has the same type of sun image.
My daughter, Stacia, just announced that she and Jonathan are purchasing the Wild West Balloon Adventure Company of Steamboat Springs!! What a thrilling new chapter for them. Time for a celebration card!
I used the Amazing You free Sale A Bration stamp set shown above with the Lift Me Up stamps and Up & Away Thinlits to make a Double Z fold congratulations card for them:
I took a screen shot of one of the balloons shown on their website and then printed it on card stock to make the card personal. Julie Davison has a great video tutorial for this card at http://juliedavison.blogspot.com/search?q=Lift+Me+Up
Is going for a ride in a hot air balloon something you have dreamed of doing? Visit Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and Jonathan and Stacia will make the experience a wonderful one for you! Click on the picture to visit their website:
Don’t forget that Fast Fuse Five day sale!
SAL, Sail ALong – together you and I – for we can fly!